Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking heater remote replacement question

A

AndyFromTheBrac

Guest User
I'm looking to buy a replacement auxiliary heater remote fob and I understand the part number to be 7E0963511; "VW T90 Telestart Eberspächer Auxiliary heating remote control" ?

The dealer quoted about £150 last year, so I put it off, however I can see them advertised on Euro eBay for a about half that price.

However some state T5 from 2012 on, mine is 2011. Did the remote change and I notice a 7E0963511 part has an "A" & "B" suffix?

Any help gladly received, the dealer didn't seem to know (or want to!). Would this suit my 2011 SE as I know some refer to "model year" which isn't year of reg?

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Andy,

Try this item number in eBay 271342283025, you will need to get it programmed at VW.

VW Campersales

Thanks for that. It's the one which is more angular, rather than the rounded (coolant heater?) remote, like this;
e4a3ahuv.jpg

Not this one y4e3ybus.jpg

The manual is extraordinarily confusing when it refers to "supplementary heating" it doesn't differentiate between the parking heater & the aux (coolant) heater

Attachments

• e4a3ahuv.jpg
    e4a3ahuv.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 9
  • y4e3ybus.jpg
    y4e3ybus.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 6
Whoa thats expensive.

The T90 Telestart unit comes with the whole remote start kit for the heater and antenna plus the keyfob and is about 160 Euro.

£150 for just the remote? That seems like the price is the same as the whole remote start kit for just the fob.

I think Alex would probably the best on this though.

Not sure the Cali is the same but the ability to control the automatic turning on and off using a timer/calendar on the console could be coded on the Phaeton (uses the same heater unit but different console) without having to buy the remote which was a good halfway house option without the expense, if your memory is up to setting it up the night before. the modification is 2 minutes and it was free :p.

If the codes are the same between the Cali and Phaeton and someone has a VDS we could try it at a meet sometime but I fear they will be different.

Back