Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking Heaters

burnercan

burnercan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
If there is no heater they can be retrofitted for £850-1000 pounds.

@larrylamb, What kind of unit would a guy get for that price over there? I just priced an Air Top 2000 ST here in CH and it's ~£1700 before installation.. If I get it installed from the factory, ~£2000. Yikes. Sounds like a trip to the island might be in order to get one fitted

No sure if I should be posting this here or in the "Buying a VW California" section... Anyway:

I've now been back to the stealer to try to get some more info about these stationary heaters. Surprise surprise, he left me with more questions than answers... So I'm back trying to work out for myself what will actually be delivered depending on which options are selected.

The VW configurator at on the Swiss site lists two options:
1) Auxiliary water heater with timer and remote control for ~£1180 (Chauffage d'appoint eau avec minuterie et radiocommande)

2) Parking heater with remote control and timer, and auxiliary heater for ~£1940 (Chauffage stationnaire à télécommande, avec minuterie et chauffage d'appoint)

The dealer tells me option 1 is a single unit that heats only the engine glycol system and thus indirectly the cabin. Option 2, he says, is also a single unit that heats the air in the cabin and indirectly then the engine... This makes no sense to me. I though option 2 would be option 1 plus the air heater for the cabin.

Can anyone offer so input here? For £2000 I'd very much like to understand what I'm getting, haha

No sure if I should be posting this here or in the "Buying a VW California" section... Anyway:

I've now been back to the stealer to try to get some more info about these stationary heaters. Surprise surprise, he left me with more questions than answers... So I'm back trying to work out for myself what will actually be delivered depending on which options are selected.

The VW configurator at on the Swiss site lists two options:
1) Auxiliary water heater with timer and remote control for ~£1180 (Chauffage d'appoint eau avec minuterie et radiocommande)

2) Parking heater with remote control and timer, and auxiliary heater for ~£1940 (Chauffage stationnaire à télécommande, avec minuterie et chauffage d'appoint)

The dealer tells me option 1 is a single unit that heats only the engine glycol system and thus indirectly the cabin. Option 2, he says, is also a single unit that heats the air in the cabin and indirectly then the engine... This makes no sense to me. I though option 2 would be option 1 plus the air heater for the cabin.

Can anyone offer so input here? For £2000 I'd very much like to understand what I'm getting, haha
In the UK Option 1 is a Webasto Heater, fully automatic in function with no manual or remote controls, that just heats up the Engine Coolant system when the engine is running. Does NOT warm the cabin directly but speeds up the vehicle heating function from a cold start.

Option 2 is a free standing Eberspacher Diesel air heater that ONLY heats the cabin/camping area. Runs of the Leisure Batteries and can be left on as long as you like or have power. Can be programmed from the California Control Panel and also has a Remote On/Off controller.

In the UK Option 1 is a Webasto Heater, fully automatic in function with no manual or remote controls, that just heats up the Engine Coolant system when the engine is running. Does NOT warm the cabin directly but speeds up the vehicle heating function from a cold start.

Option 2 is a free standing Eberspacher Diesel air heater that ONLY heats the cabin/camping area. Runs of the Leisure Batteries and can be left on as long as you like or have power. Can be programmed from the California Control Panel and also has a Remote On/Off controller.

I thought option 1 & 2 were standard in a SE Cali, but i may be wrong?

I thought option 1 & 2 were standard in a SE Cali, but i may be wrong?
They were on my 2014 SE and on the present UK Ocean, but @burnercan was talking about the options available in Switzerland.

In switzerland i thoughed it would be standard?
I think each country has a variation in Variable Options/Standard Options relating to the local market.
UK, due to our weather variability the Parking Heater has possible use year round.
Maybe Southern European buyers predominantly don’t travel North.
Swiss Owners, on average, don’t use their vehicles in the Winter and tend to travel south.
Obviously the bare vehicle will be cheaper to start with.
Who knows?

Thanks for all the replies :thumb Is there is a tag somewhere on the vehicle that lists the model numbers of the installed heaters? Maybe I can go and check the demo machine on the lot to see what it has installed.

So, thanks to input and great information on this forum, I went and verified what actually gets delivered. Turns out we get a Webasto Thermo Top Evo 5 and an Eberspacher D3 Plus together on option 2 for the Beach, On the Ocean they are standard. The dealer didn't know there was a sticker on the door identifying the heaters.. He was quite surprised the I found it there (thanks again to forum members) after telling me there wouldn't be one. He was equally surprised by the id tag under the dash showing all of the option codes. He'll be better equipped to sell his new van. It nice when they can tell you what you are actually paying for!