Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking sensor volume

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
Is it possible to change the volume of the parking sensors? In our 2007-Cali, the front parking sensors are much louder than the rear - the rear ones are difficult to hear when the children are making some noice...

Someone told me the dealer could do this but the dealer said they had never heard of such a request.

You can turn the sensor volume down using the radio menu. But forgotten exactly how
I did it a few years ago :thumb .

mine are the same. You can hardly hear the rear even when there is no noise being made.

I think the rear sensors make a noise out of the rear speakers and the front sensors out of the front speakers (so you can park with your eyes closed!)

So it is worth checking that you do not have your front-rear fader faded right to the front. I quite often do this as the adults listen to the radio in the front and the kids listen to headphones in the back.

I did reverse into a tree in France, so if the Fader theory is true that could be my excuse...

T

I have the fader set totally to the rear, it makes no difference to the sensor sound.
Also when the phone rings the sound comes through the front speakers regardless of how the fader is set.

Parking sensors have their own sounder and do not use the speakers on a pre-facelift T5. The rear is quite buried which is why it is much quieter. I think that you can adjust the volume but it does make much difference and is done with diagnostic machine.

cheers

Did a bit of googling on non-T5 forums and it appears to be a setting in VCDS, so a trip to your dealer or look out if a local forum member would mind doing it for you.

See this forum for some details, just a quick tweak to module 10:

http://www.mytiguan.com/index.php?/topi ... g-sensors/

That forum also confirms what SMG say - the parking sensors have separate speakers - it looks like in the Tiguan it is in the boot, so can get quite muffled, or really loud if the seats are folded down. I assumed that VW would use the stereo speakers....

T

Thanks for the research. I'll ask VW about it, next visit.

In the mean time, might be worth parking the van near a wall and sticking your head in the boot to see if you can find the speaker - you might have packed something over the speaker?

Back