Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking Sensors

dannosail

dannosail

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Parking sensors been dodgy last few weeks. Booked in for MOT Mon but VW garage says sensors are sometime erratic in this weather. Not really an answer but anyone else experience issues in the cold/wet?

Never had an issue " in this type" of weather. Have you trying washing the sensors in the bumper

I have found that if you have snow or beads of ice on the actual sensor then it sounds all the time whilst in reverse. Is this what you are talking about?

We have the same in extreme wetness, too.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

when ice forms on the rear bumper, the reverse buzzer sounds continuously when reverse is engaged. brushing the ice of fixes it. on a few occasions heavy rain when parked up causes the same problem when driving away (backwards). my son's CRV is 10 times worse in the wet (a 'known' problem)

This may be it. We have had a few heavy frosts but on a couple of occasions it has only been wet. Water on the sensors should not affect them to much? Otherwise I wonder if I've got an earth or something through a damp connection or something?

So if people are saying it is ice forming has anyone tried spaying a bit of deicer on them?

So if people are saying it is ice forming has anyone tried spaying a bit of deicer on them?

nope: i'm never that prepared (but not a bad idea, nevertheless :thumb)
I guess you mean the night before the freeze comes in?

nope: i'm never that prepared (but not a bad idea, nevertheless :thumb)
I guess you mean the night before the freeze comes in?
You could also step out and clean the sensors before putting in reverse , meanwhile one can doublecheck if nothing's in the way ....:D
It is not only a vw issue , we also have it frequently on the wife's Renault Scenic

Never had the issue on our Mazda - bullet proof Japanese reliability as always. I'll try a clean then

Just had van Serviced and sensors checked out. Apparently one of the sensors might be a bit dodgy. Guess how much - £81.32 for the sensor, £32 labour and £40 paint, total £183.98.:shocked That is a proper job but I will wait and see. I can always change it myself and do the painting with a touch-up.

Anyone know if I can get a cheaper replacement sensor from somewhere else?

Are all VW sensors the same ?, scrapyard.

Good call, I have a part no so can always check with VW first

Also worth checking Seat and Skoda part numbers. You pay a HUGE premium for the Volkswagen box.:mad:

Thanks, seen aftermarket for Seat, Skoda, VW for £17 so even if lower quality I could change it 4 times over!

Aftermarket are typically analog; factory-fit typically digital... sent a coding each time they are activated to programme them so you won't mess things up by moving one from one bumper position to another.

Not sure which sensor is actually the dodgy one so may have to move them round - anyone know if the remainder will work if one is removed?

Not sure this is the right place to post, but the rear parking sensors are hardly audible. Is it possible to move the sounder so that it can be heard ?

Back