Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

part missing from rear windsreen wiper

drmanhattan

drmanhattan

VIP Member
I've noticed a semi-circular opening at the base of the rear windscreen wiper which makes the wiper nut and bolt visible. I wondered if a plastic covering had come off or whether it was supposed to be like this???

I've had my van a year but never noticed this before! Can someone look at their windscreen wiper base and see if theirs is the same as in my pic?

Sorry for being such a noob!
2d1a49g.jpg

Don't worry

There's nothing missing, it should be like that.

It's where the rear screen washer jet is.

Hubert

I also thought i'd lost a bit when i slipped on snow and caught it with my arm a couple of winters ago.
Spent ages looking for it as well!

Ahhh... the beauty of the search function. If only I'd used the search function before scouring the driveway for the (non-existent) plastic piece and then moving the van to get a decent photo and ask this same question. :talktothehand

Ahhh... the beauty of the search function. If only I'd used the search function before scouring the driveway for the (non-existent) plastic piece and then moving the van to get a decent photo and ask this same question. :talktothehand

That's what i always try to point out at people to the frustration of some , but using the search can give instant answers that in some cases the manual and in some cases even some dealers can't give answers to.
:thumb

I lost an end cap from the awning rail then noticed the missing wiper part. So pleased to read that Brian is not really falling apart and it’s meant to be a gap for the washer.

Back