Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passenger door unlocks itself

C

camper-x

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all. Been meaning to post about this for a while. I'm sat in the van as if camping, turning in for the night. If I lock up with the ignition key button I'll arm the motion sensors and wake up the entire campsite with the alarm. So I reach to press the door lock button on the drivers door above the electric window switch. Depress once and all the doors lock, but the passenger door immediately unlocks! That's not right! So I press down the passenger door pop up lock button. We're all locked in now. But wait, I left something outside. So I pull the locked sliding door handle once. The sliding door unlocks. I pull it again to get out. All other doors remain locked. I get back in and close the sliding door. The passenger door unlocks! That's not right!

Why is the passenger door unlocking of its own accord folks? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all. Been meaning to post about this for a while. I'm sat in the van as if camping, turning in for the night. If I lock up with the ignition key button I'll arm the motion sensors and wake up the entire campsite with the alarm. So I reach to press the door lock button on the drivers door above the electric window switch. Depress once and all the doors lock, but the passenger door immediately unlocks! That's not right! So I press down the passenger door pop up lock button. We're all locked in now. But wait, I left something outside. So I pull the locked sliding door handle once. The sliding door unlocks. I pull it again to get out. All other doors remain locked. I get back in and close the sliding door. The passenger door unlocks! That's not right!

Why is the passenger door unlocking of its own accord folks? Any ideas?

Also if I press the ignition key door lock button twice I get the same feature. All doors lock, then immediately the passenger door unlocks. What's going on?!

That is very odd indeed, sounds like a short in the wiring maybe?

Do you have access to a code reader, there may be an error code in the ECU.

Just found some threads on another site that talks about 2009 vans and the brown wire getting damaged over time and causing locking or unlocking problems.

I once had the same on another vehicle and it was a faulty lock motor (could have been the link to the handle or button been damaged when someone tried to slim-jim their way into my car)

In fact thats positive ...it means you cannot lock yourself out ....

That is very odd indeed, sounds like a short in the wiring maybe?

Do you have access to a code reader, there may be an error code in the ECU.

I'll check codes and report back!

Just found some threads on another site that talks about 2009 vans and the brown wire getting damaged over time and causing locking or unlocking problems.

Aha! Nice search. Can you post up the link please? I'll go look for a brown wire after the codes are read..... thanks!

In fact thats positive ...it means you cannot lock yourself out ....
That's true. It's not a major snag to push the passenger door top lock button down. Unless not paying attention when half asleep in the middle of the night. As is often the case these days! Cheers for the reply.

Back