Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passenger door unlocks only with central locking

M

MurrayR

Our 2007 California passenger door will not unlock from the central locking with the key fob. After several operaions with the cental locking switch on the drivers door the door unlocks.
Is the lock mechanism getting tired or is there a simpler issue that i can resolve myself?

Our 2007 California passenger door will not unlock from the central locking with the key fob. After several operaions with the cental locking switch on the drivers door the door unlocks.
Is the lock mechanism getting tired or is there a simpler issue that i can resolve myself?
I had a T5 camper in 2007 and had to blip the fob twice to open all the doors. If you blip it once, only the driver’s door opens.

Since 1997 (Golf 4) VW has developed the worst door locks ever made. They break while being shipped to the dealer.
You will have to get yourself a new lock.
One question, can you open the lock from inside? I mean, open the door from the inside while the van is unlocked?
Oh, I would not wait too long to get it fixed, because, one time the lock will lock forever. Then the only way is A) cutting a hole in the door from the outside, B) ripping the inner door panel off with closed door, and then trying to get to the lock from the inside.

Good luck.