Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passenger heated seat intermittent on T6 2017 Cali Ocean

M

MikeK

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Anyone got any experience with intermittent heated seat? It works every time but when it gets hot it seems to switch off and we have to click the button a few times to cycle through to hot and it warms up without fail. Not Mr Electrical but could it be a rheostat issue? Im happy to try replacing a rheostat if anyone knows where it is and if easy to replace. Comment welcome. Regards Mike

Anyone got any experience with intermittent heated seat? It works every time but when it gets hot it seems to switch off and we have to click the button a few times to cycle through to hot and it warms up without fail. Not Mr Electrical but could it be a rheostat issue? Im happy to try replacing a rheostat if anyone knows where it is and if easy to replace. Comment welcome. Regards Mike
I believe it does switch Off/On when it reaches maximum temperature. At least mine does if set on High.

I believe it does switch Off/On when it reaches maximum temperature. At least mine does if set on High.
Thanks for the note. I thought it would stay hot rather than switch off like previous cars I had. I will try it on the medium setting and see if it does the same.

Thanks for the note. I thought it would stay hot rather than switch off like previous cars I had. I will try it on the medium setting and see if it does the same.
Mine switches back on after a short time.

Mine switches back on after a short time.
I learn so much about my van from this forum.
I was sad it didnt gently decline from 3 bars to 2 bars then 1 then ultimately switching off like my little Mercedes B-Class used to, but if you're saying it switches off and on, that suggests its maybe programmable?

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk

I’m sure my T5.1 went from 3 bars down to 2 after a while & then stayed at that level.

Back