Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passenger seat trim catching on swivel

Neilos

Neilos

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi folks. Can’t take a picture as the van is currently being repaired following damage cause by a tyre blow out (that’s another story!). Anyway. The seat trim on the passenger side catches on a bolt on the seat base when swivelled. You can force it round but it’s not great. During a recent service with the stealer they declined to fix it as trim is not covered by warranty! Anyone else has this issue? Would appear the trim has become detached and dropped slightly.

Thanks

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine has started to do that recently too on the driver’s side. Keep meanin to have a look at it properly.

Hi folks. Can’t take a picture as the van is currently being repaired following damage cause by a tyre blow out (that’s another story!). Anyway. The seat trim on the passenger side catches on a bolt on the seat base when swivelled. You can force it round but it’s not great. During a recent service with the stealer they declined to fix it as trim is not covered by warranty! Anyone else has this issue? Would appear the trim has become detached and dropped slightly.

Thanks

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never faced that issue. A pic may help for us to understand better. It may be a loose bolt and a quick fix.

I have that issue too although fairly mild. That is probably why it is still on the original 3 year old snagging list.

Had the same issue on my passenger seat,
dealer replaced it under warranty with no quibble, as the trim had been damaged by the bolt thread It was catching on, they agreed it should not hit the bolt and as a consequence of the Failure / damage to the trim they replaced it.
They also cut the stud flush with the nut which will help prevent future issue.
it’s a known issue and should be done under warranty if it’s damaged the seat trim.
I’ll see if I can findd the thread where I posted pictures of the stud cut down by the dealer.

here it is post #14

Our passenger seat when ‘swivelled’ catches part of the door trim. But it seems to be the seat back adjustment that is catching and indenting ( at the moment not a big damage but could start to fray) Are we doing something wrong ?

B72489A3-815A-4718-8CE4-7F7967B43162.jpeg

084B12D7-59EF-4461-AEDD-D8B6FEC228FD.jpeg

Just play with the position of the seat on the slider. Ironically the passenger is much easier than driver. If that is your slider position it’s too far back. We line the internal metal track with the outside one on both sides so they do not protrude and swivels perfect.

Our passenger seat when ‘swivelled’ catches part of the door trim. But it seems to be the seat back adjustment that is catching and indenting ( at the moment not a big damage but could start to fray) Are we doing something wrong ?

View attachment 98698

View attachment 98699
Nope, "they all do that sir!" This is by design and I currently open the passenger door just that wee bit to ensure that the knob does not rub.

I have been looking at options and possibly some helicopter tape on the seat back rotating knob ... or any additional protection at the point where it rubs.

not figured out a solution yet.

Back