Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pedal lock?

Tom Smith

Tom Smith

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, does anyone use a pedal lock as a visual deterrent? I have just seen the Dublock on Ebay & wondered if anyone could advise?:

I have a Safe-T Pedal lock for my T25 and its huge, heavy and cumbersome but is solid and a great visual deterrent. I've never felt the need to get one for my T5 just because I don't want to carry it around whilst travelling.

We do have one Search for pedaloc. Nice guy from Germany and do not post any pictures anywhere

Hi, does anyone use a pedal lock as a visual deterrent? I have just seen the Dublock on Ebay & wondered if anyone could advise?:
I use a Brake Pedal Lock on my DSG as you cannot start the engine without depressing the Brake. But only use it when parked up at Heathrow for extended period.

Last edited:
I use a bicycle D lock that loops through the drivers hand assist bar for getting into the drivers seat by the side window and the steering wheel. Its high viz so anyone looking into will need some heavy tools to remove and the chances of removing it in such a confined space would be very challenging,

I use a bicycle D lock that loops through the drivers hand assist bar for getting into the drivers seat by the side window and the steering wheel. Its high viz so anyone looking into will need some heavy tools to remove and the chances of removing it in such a confined space would be very challenging,
This sounds like a great & simple solution, many thanks

If they want to get in, they will get in. Not for getting away with the van, but to steal some internal parts, like radio, airbag, ...
Even locking the glove box may cause more damage than unclosed, because then they will break it open.
You can try to prevent them to enter your vehicle, but the harder you try to make it them, the more damage they may cause.

A traffic cop once told me that it only makes them angry!

All of the above well known for their resistance to a £10 disc cutter from Screwfix !!!!

If they want to get in, they will get in. Not for getting away with the van, but to steal some internal parts, like radio, airbag, ...
Even locking the glove box may cause more damage than unclosed, because then they will break it open.
You can try to prevent them to enter your vehicle, but the harder you try to make it them, the more damage they may cause.
My one has laminated glass all round; pretty good deterrent

Back