Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pembrokeshire Suggestions?

We live in Wales and the furthest we are supposed to travel is 5 miles..So with one Daughter and grandchildren living in Gloucester and the other living 12 miles from us we can’t see anyone..Oh yes we are allowed to go shopping..I wonder if I can go to Specsavers which is 30 miles away as I’m sure I’ve got problems with my eye sight...

We ars a family of 5, one teenage boy (14) and 2 young girls (6 & 8) really just looking for picturesque villages, good beaches and a nice campsite.
If we could find somewhere with an indoor pool for a night or two, that would be a real bonus.
I’m sure its all lovely but didn’t want to miss somewhere that is a must see!

edit:
A nice Beach that we could get the van right down too would also be great. We like to chill in the van whilst the kids burn off a bit of energy!
St brides bay, almost on beach

We were going to travel to the Alps this year but I have written off any chance of heading abroad during the summer holidays now.

So, as my uncle lives in Pen-y-bont in Carmarthen, we are hoping to head to Pembrokeshire for a 4/5 days in early August.

Can anybody suggest any campsites to stay at and places to see that they could recommend?

Cheers.
Assuming Wales is open (please check as we are going our own way from England and being a lot more cautious, thankfully)...

Can recommend a visit to St David's (eat great gelato, fish and chips, see the Cathedral, and take the boat tour around Ramsey Island with Voyages of Discovery – great fun. Did the boat trip during a hot week spent at a cottage in Mathry in June 2017). The coastline to the south, around St Brides Bay, features long surfy Newgale beach, and to the south the pretty little three-pub village of Little Haven (our favourite). Oh and if you're moving about then drop into the clifftop Druidstone Hotel for a pint and meal with a fabulous view. There's a campsite or two within walking distance of here.(http://www.druidstone.co.uk/) Another amazing beach is just north of St David's – Whitesands. A nearby campsite with its own small sandy beach is Pencarnan Farm. https://pencarnanfarm.co.uk/

As for Rowls1958's comment about Gower – 100% agree. It's stunning. Although it can get very crowded on sunny days.

Hope you do get to go. We'll be down there too, probably, if campsites are safe enough.

IMG_2503.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

beach.jpg

boat.jpg

DruidstoneVista.jpg

IMG_5453.JPG

Hia, on the way down or back, you may want to stop at one of the most incredible campsites overlooking Three Cliffs beach on the Gower, regularly in the Times top 10 beaches in the world. Only 30 mins off the M4 by Swansea. By the way Gower is quite simply stunning, the variety of landscapes is unbelievable, vast sandy beaches, little coves, huge limestone cliffs and salt marshes all on a small peninsula 20 miles long.....

View attachment 60533
We’ve a long standing booking at 3 Cliffs end of September, still hopeful we’ll get to be there.

Assuming Wales is open (please check as we are going our own way from England and being a lot more cautious, thankfully)...

Can recommend a visit to St David's (eat great gelato, fish and chips, see the Cathedral, and take the boat tour around Ramsey Island with Voyages of Discovery – great fun. Did the boat trip during a hot week spent at a cottage in Mathry in June 2017). The coastline to the south, around St Brides Bay, features long surfy Newgale beach, and to the south the pretty little three-pub village of Little Haven (our favourite). Oh and if you're moving about then drop into the clifftop Druidstone Hotel for a pint and meal with a fabulous view. There's a campsite or two within walking distance of here.(http://www.druidstone.co.uk/) Another amazing beach is just north of St David's – Whitesands. A nearby campsite with its own small sandy beach is Pencarnan Farm. https://pencarnanfarm.co.uk/

As for Rowls1958's comment about Gower – 100% agree. It's stunning. Although it can get very crowded on sunny days.

Hope you do get to go. We'll be down there too, probably, if campsites are safe enough.

View attachment 60817

View attachment 60818

View attachment 60819

View attachment 60820

View attachment 60821

View attachment 60822
Images show: White Sands with campsite/little beach in mid-distance along coast; a seal at Ramsey Island; Broad Haven's beach; a boat riding The Bitches, between Ramsey and the mainland; the view from the Druidstone looking northwest, back towards St David's; can't be sure but think the last shot, taken at dusk, is of the St David's peninsula, as seen from Shortlands Farm campsite, just inland from the Druidstone.

View attachment 60817

View attachment 60818

View attachment 60819

View attachment 60820

View attachment 60821

View attachment 60822
Two more: the unusual seaside village of Porthgain – visit lovely Sloop Inn (nice food) or great seafood at The Shed Bistro by the harbour. Along the coat south (well, more west at this point) towards Abereiddy, there's the famous Blue Lagoon. Well worth a walk to on a sunny day.

Two more: the unusual seaside village of Porthgain – visit lovely Sloop Inn (nice food) or great seafood at The Shed Bistro by the harbour. Along the coat south (well, more west at this point) towards Abereiddy, there's the famous Blue Lagoon. Well worth a walk to on a sunny day.

Thank you for all your suggestions.
looks stunning!.

Trevayne camping and caravan site at New Hedges between Tenby and Saundersfoot . Fantastic beach only accessible on foot . Great view over the bay from Monkstone Field .

Trevayne camping and caravan site at New Hedges between Tenby and Saundersfoot . Fantastic beach only accessible on foot . Great view over the bay from Monkstone Field .

Thank you..

My kids would love that Toboggan, would definitely need to visit that..
We live fairly close to Pembrey and my 7 year old grandson loves it there. it’s £5.50 to park there and the toboggan is £5 for 3 rides. you are close to the Beach and you can have bbq’s. There’s mini golf and my grandson takes his own clubs which makes him feel grown up... It really is a lovely day out and hopefully opening on the 6th July depending on the situation at the time..

We live fairly close to Pembrey and my 7 year old grandson loves it there. it’s £5.50 to park there and the toboggan is £5 for 3 rides. you are close to the Beach and you can have bbq’s. There’s mini golf and my grandson takes his own clubs which makes him feel grown up... It really is a lovely day out and hopefully opening on the 6th July depending on the situation at the time..
Did the new cafe and building open last year ?

Last edited:
Did then new cafe and building open last year ?
I really have no idea.. As we drive in to our normal spot and stay there for the day.. Ive never been to the Cafe. I think they have done work on the campsite in Pembrey Park itself but again because we live close we have never stayed on it.. It always looked a bit tired and was in need of a refurb...

I really have no idea.. As we drive in to our normal spot and stay there for the day.. Ive never been to the Cafe. I think they have done work on the campsite in Pembrey Park itself but again because we live close we have never stayed on it.. It always looked a bit tired and was in need of a refurb...
I went ar Easter last year, the camping check in was in a wooden lodge, the cafe was in a wooden Building ( large shed, built around a death van )
The site has spent a lot of money upgrading the shower and toilet facilities, which were very modern and clean all the time. (new additional shower / toilet facility added in a different part of the campsite out of view from the main park)
The office / check in was going to be moved to a brand new building, being constructed Easter last year, the new building was going to house a new cafe and shop. (Visible from the road outside the campsite).
My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return.
The campsite is large and friendly, with Motor homes, campers, tents and touring caravans In Different sections of the site.
The long sandy Beach and other onsite facilities are great for kids and it’s a safe environment to cycle, skate board etc around the massive park.
A couple of Friendly local pub in the village who do nice food and an Indian restaurant within walking distance of the site.
Lots to see and do off site.

Meadow Farm in Tenby is an easy 15 min walk into town with lovely views. You’ll need to park sideways on and use levelling ramps on one side.

If you don’t need facilities (there’s a tap and 1 loo), Trefalen Farm directly above the stunning NT beach at Broadhaven South / Bosherston is one of my favourite places.

If you don’t need facilities (there’s a tap and 1 loo), Trefalen Farm directly above the stunning NT beach at Broadhaven South / Bosherston is one of my favourite places.

Also a great surf spot at Broadhaven South!

We were going to travel to the Alps this year but I have written off any chance of heading abroad during the summer holidays now.

So, as my uncle lives in Pen-y-bont in Carmarthen, we are hoping to head to Pembrokeshire for a 4/5 days in early August.

Can anybody suggest any campsites to stay at and places to see that they could recommend?

Cheers.
You may be interested in BBC 2 Friday 3 July 2100
The Pembrokeshire Coast A wild Year

Back