Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pending new Beach owner

Smiffy4bikes

Smiffy4bikes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Morning all :hello

I've been browsing this forum for too many evenings lately(!) wow, what a huge amount of information!

I'm hoping to buy a California Beach later in the year, and having read many of the posts here, clearly my circumstances are very similar to many others. I'm a die-in-the-wool VW bus enthusiast, having owned several splits and bays, a T4 Westy and a T5 Caravelle in the past. I currently own a lovely T25 Westy California, soon to be put up for sale to help fund the Beach, yay! As much as I loved all my buses, having the T25 with it's power steering, reliability, warmth, safety, drive it and enjoy it without worrying about whether or not it will actually get us home ethos, I'm now fully switched on to a new, reliable, safe and efficient bus ;)

However, like many, I can only afford to fund one vehicle, so need a daily driver, load hauler, school run vehicle, weekend camper and mountain bike hauler, hmmm! I don't need a full-fat
camper (I saw that expression on here and loved it!) as apart from anything I've always cooked
and washed up in the awning, and I don't need to be lugging all that extra weight about on a
daily basis. So I've also been looking at all the kitchen pod threads on here with great interest!

Like many before me, I've discovered there are very few pre-owned Beach's about with the spec that I want (although that is changing daily at the moment...!!) so I may bite the bullet and go for new. However, I'm happy to wait until later in the year so I will spend the wait learning as much as I can from here and hopefully securing the right bus with the best deal!

:thumb

Hi there and welcome. We have now got loads of beach owners on here so I'm sure you will find
Lots of information before you buy. I also owned an early bay but decided I wanted a go anywhere
Vehicle. Enjoy the forum and keep us posted on your progress