Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Per kwh hook ups

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Just got back from 2 weeks in the German alps (garmisch partinkirchen), had a great time lovely weather etc.
It's the first time we've come across electric hook ups where you pay for what you use. Was a bit unsure what the cost would be but turned out to be just over 1€/day!
What a great system and much fairer than what we have here, makes you realise what our sites make on the electric.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Depends. Some of the big white behemoths use an awful lot of power. Saw one with 2mains inputs.
The California is quit frugal on a mains hookup, while others have cookers, microwaves, mains tv and satellite de coders, showers etc:.
We would do well using that setup many Motorhomes would not,, whereas in the UK we lose out but they gain.

I paid 6€ a day at Gerona (Spain), but I think that's not a general rule. I guess each camp site have different policies.

Depends. Some of the big white behemoths use an awful lot of power. Saw one with 2mains inputs.
The California is quit frugal on a mains hookup, while others have cookers, microwaves, mains tv and satellite de coders, showers etc:.
We would do well using that setup many Motorhomes would not,, whereas in the UK we lose out but they gain.
Yeah I know which was kind of my point - great for us cali owners who don't use a lot of juice. There were some real big muthas on the site who undoubtedly would though.
Shame it hasn't caught on over here.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Seems like a smart thing to do , sometimes i think arriving at site not taking hook up becouse mostly you don't use what you pay for ....and those big motorhomes use more than they pay for so that system pay by count looks good but will cost some to install so the owners of campsites must charge that investment also ...

Back