Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pet passport after BREXIT

Yeah I am gutted about the whole thing, but we will just take some holidays in the UK for a few years I think. There will be new rules.

They already need blood tests and jabs so its likely just the process that will change?

EHIC is definitely ending too. Pre existing conditions are generally not covered by standard travel insurance.

Interesting as our vet does not think anything will change.

They already need blood tests and jabs so its likely just the process that will change?
They don’t currently need blood tests? My dogs passports have been updated during lockdown simply by vaccination.

If I remember it correctly from when I was in Norway, once the initial blood tests have been done and the 3 months wait, thereafter, provided the annual vaccs are no more than 365 days apart, the passport remains valid.
The only additional requirement being a vet health check 10 days prior to departure.

The whole thing hinges on how the UK is classified by the EU after 31 Dec his year - as an Unlisted, Part 1 or Part 2 listed country. If we are designated an Unlisted country, the whole process of taking a pet onto the continent will become an expensive nightmare, with re-vaccination, testing, certification etc for every trip.

But it's just one of very many questions that can't be answered at this point as they are negotiation-dependent, so it seems a bit pointless to speculate on it, really.

Just love the irony of what the Daily Fail are moaning about, they are the ones who championed ‘taking back control ‘
I think the sticking point (as it so often is) is jurisdiction in case of a dispute involving the pet passport scheme. The European Court of Justice is currently supreme, and this is currently unacceptable to the British Government for the post transition period.

I agree it’s a faff and annoying for the change. But as I mentioned above, I lived in Norway and this was the system. It wasn’t difficult.
We don’t yet have (as far as I am aware) any indication the the UK won’t be considered as a safe country (as an island, that has rigorously ensure it does not get rabies).
So, my own view is that UK could well stay in the same system, once negotiations are sorted.
And if not, then the legislation isn’t difficult or much more expensive to comply with.
I think there’s a lot of storm in a teacup going on whilst we await the facts.

This is ancient news. We blood tested our lab 12 months ago on vets advice.
At the time he was 100% confident the Uk would be a cat 1A country.

I think the EU would be mad to do anything to make it more difficult for tourism , especially as a lot of campervan tourists do like to go to the smaller villages and help fund the local shops etc. It would be interesting to know what the value to the EU economy is of the UK motor home campervan tourist is.

This is ancient news. We blood tested our lab 12 months ago on vets advice.
At the time he was 100% confident the Uk would be a cat 1A country.
Side pod That’s where I am coming from. May do a
Blood test over here...Whete was yours done and how much?

Side pod That’s where I am coming from. May do a
Blood test over here...Whete was yours done and how much?
We had it done at a vet in Banbury. Can’t recall the exact price, circa £110 I think. Took about three weeks for results to come back.
Seems odd to me testing to prove a known vaccine works.

At the time we were assuming Brexit date was March so we had the test done at Christmas.

Pet lovers may find this useful if you want to take them abroad after Brexit in January...

Pet lovers may find this useful if you want to take them abroad after Brexit in January...
Doesn’t seem to give any more info than we already had?