Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Petrol California

Yes but you can't buy it in the UK

TSi engines on the configurator this morning

Oh, good spot.

Can't find any details on fuel economy for the 204ps TSI......tried the German site and can't see that engine config there.

Interesting! - though @swan you surely shouldn't be hanging around the configurator with such a new van, too early to start planning #2!

Where's the Ocean 204 TDI? Doesn't look right to me yet:

BEACH:

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 09.18.44.png

OCEAN:

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 09.19.27.png

204 TDI not been on for around a month now. Last couple of weeks it's been just three options for the 150PS diesel.

Bonkers.

No petrol DSG Beach, no 204 TDI 4Motion, no DSG 4Motion, massive premium for the petrol DSG Ocean over the TDI auto.

Bonkers.

No petrol DSG Beach, no 204 TDI 4Motion, no DSG 4Motion, massive premium for the petrol DSG Ocean over the TDI auto.

Agree. Marketing department forcing anyone who wants a 204PS to get the petrol version. Feels like we're being herded towards a very limited set of choices....

- want 204PS = one choice
- want 4Motion = one choice
- want 4M & DSG = no choice
- want anything else, one of two choices (petrol or derv)

I can understand a bit whilst they'd limit choices for efficiency reasons, but it feels like they've gone too far in this instance.

We would pay this premium to future protect our next van.unless a hybrid is in the pipeline

From past experience I wouldn't necessarily assume the customer configurator is accurate.
The VW product website and June 2017 price list still show the usual diesel models as available for UK.

Cynical profiteering. When the government steer us towards Diesel engines, the manufacturers charge a premium for those models. Now the government are steering us away from Diesel engines, the petrol models are on sale at a premium. Not just VW though.

Cynical profiteering. When the government steer us towards Diesel engines, the manufacturers charge a premium for those models. Now the government are steering us away from Diesel engines, the petrol models are on sale at a premium. Not just VW though.
The petrol is the cheapest.

Agree. Marketing department forcing anyone who wants a 204PS to get the petrol version. Feels like we're being herded towards a very limited set of choices....

- want 204PS = one choice
- want 4Motion = one choice
- want 4M & DSG = no choice
- want anything else, one of two choices (petrol or derv)

I can understand a bit whilst they'd limit choices for efficiency reasons, but it feels like they've gone too far in this instance.
Btw, in NZ we only get one choice total new; 132kW DSG 4motion with Euro 5 motor in T6 body. Pleased I've got an older manual 5 cylinder.

The petrol is the cheapest.

Sorry, you are right. I was comparing the price of the 204 petrol with what I paid for my 204 Diesel. £55k fully speced not from £57k

Last edited:
Just need the mpg info now...on the German website the petrol mpg is pretty crap. So probably no need to get too excited.

Back