Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Phew!!!! Oops!!!!B****r!!!! Hurray!!!

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Pleased to have got the order in and will hopefully have it for the Summer.

Ocean 204PS DSG 4 Motion
Indium Grey
Cascavel 17" Black Diamond Wheels
Alcantara Seats
Comfort Mattress
Laminated Glass Package In Cab
Light and Vision Package
Towbar Removable/Lockable
Servotronic Speed Sensitive Power Steering
Heavy Duty Anti-Roll Bars + Suspension
Fresh Air Intake - Charcoal
Heated Front Windscreen
Lockable Storage Compartment
Mudflaps front and rear
Parking Sensors + Rear Camera
High Beam Assist
4 Remote Control Folding Keys
Magnetic Flashlight
Built in Cupboard Type 6 (Shower)
Awning Housing and rail in black
ACC. + Front Assist + City emergency braking
LED Headlights + LED Daytime Running Lights
Cruise Control + Control Via MFSW + Sidescan
Multi- Function/Clr Display Premium + DAS
Discover Media Nav System
Bluetooth Hands Free Set + Coupling Box/WLAN
Chrome Pack
Wind Deflectors
Black Bumper Protector
Door Sill Guards
Extended Warranty

Time for a lie down

Mike

Last edited:
I don't know why it's taken you so long to put your order in , you seem to have ticked every option:bananadance

I don't know why it's taken you so long to put your order in , you seem to have ticked every option:bananadance
Guilty Given myself options and future proofing with the removable tow bar and picked one or two options which should improve the drive. Oh! And the toys. Yep Guilty. Happy where I ended up and VW Loyalty Bonus helped me press the button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At Last.
Should keep you busy reading the Handbook.
Don't wish to put a dampner on your plans but I understand that VW have a Summer Holiday closure so don't go booking anything that you cannot change in case there is a delay. Make Plans, enquiries but until you have a Confirmed Build date and Delivery date ( Deliveries may also be suspended during this VW Holiday closure ) don't pay out. Speaking from past experience.:thumb

At Last.
Should keep you busy reading the Handbook.
Don't wish to put a dampner on your plans but I understand that VW have a Summer Holiday closure so don't go booking anything that you cannot change in case there is a delay. Make Plans, enquiries but until you have a Confirmed Build date and Delivery date ( Deliveries may also be suspended during this VW Holiday closure ) don't pay out. Speaking from past experience.:thumb
Thanks! Nope I've got the mindset it will be here when it is and booking nothing.

Firstly I have renamed this thread from
Order in Phew!!!!To Phew!!!! Oops!!!!B****r!!!!

Purpose of this post is to highlight for anyone who ordered pre 2017 build change. As a result your build and certainly mine was put back into the system by someone, probably in Germany and not your dealer. The question is did they put it in correctly, probably, but in one case that is rather close to home they didn't. They managed to get the options right but not the base vehicle. As a result I have a quite beautiful Indium Grey Cali complete with, to the astonishment of my dealer, black B pillar and I was delighted with the overall look with the laminated glass package. What I did not have was 4WD. The scene reminded me somewhat of the game snakes and ladders, it was a sunny day, my dealer had kindly invited me down pre PDI to see the Cali as I live nearby. I had spent a fair while examining the vehicle with Jane and was closely examining the front of the Cali looking at the pop outs for the LED light washers and thought where's the 4Motion badge, maybe they put them on at PDI I think hopefully, a quick look inside though and three rails which all us anal BB readers know means it's not a 4WD. At this stage the bottom dropped out of my world. I had stood on a VW snake taking me back to the start of the game.
Suffice it to say that I am in the early stages of talks with VW so it is too early to predict an outcome. Obviously the issue is complicated by arrangements I have made in anticipation of delivery and by the excise duty changes in April. I am aware of my options and what I need to do. Obtaining a result is going to require finding someone with humanity in the mid to higher levels of VW. I am obviously very very unhappy but errors can happen, a human has made an input error, there should have been a system in place to check, there clearly wasn't. VW have the ability to correct this error, will they?
If I obtain any information that may be of assistance to the board I shall post it.
Nobody died

Edit: Do I get the prize as the longest contributor without a Cali!

Mike

Last edited:

Purpose of this post is to highlight for anyone who ordered pre 2017 build change. As a result your build and certainly mine was put back into the system by someone, probably in Germany and not your dealer. The question is did they put it in correctly, probably, but in one case that is rather close to home they didn't. They managed to get the options right but not the base vehicle. As a result I have a quite beautiful Indium Grey Cali complete with, to the astonishment of my dealer, black B pillar and I was delighted with the overall look with the laminated glass package. What I did not have was 4WD. The scene reminded me somewhat of the game snakes and ladders, it was a sunny day, my dealer had kindly invited me down pre PDI to see the Cali as I live nearby. I had spent a fair while examining the vehicle with Jane and was closely examining the front of the Cali looking at the pop outs for the LED light washers and thought where's the 4Motion badge, maybe they put them on at PDI I think hopefully, a quick look inside though and three rails which all us anal BB readers know means it's not a 4WD. At this stage the bottom dropped out of my world. I had stood on a VW snake taking me back to the start of the game.
Suffice it to say that I am in the early stages of talks with VW so it is too early to predict an outcome. Obviously the issue is complicated by arrangements I have made in anticipation of delivery and by the excise duty changes in April. I am aware of my options and what I need to do. Obtaining a result is going to require finding someone with humanity in the mid to higher levels of VW. I am obviously very very unhappy but errors can happen, a human has made an input error, there should have been a system in place to check, there clearly wasn't. VW have the ability to correct this error, will they?
If I obtain any information that may be of assistance to the board I shall post it.
Nobody died

Mike
You're right that no-one died but it's still VERY gutting to receive a van after so long and it to be incorrect. Keep us updated with how you get on.
As you said, you know your options, it's now just waiting on them isn't it?

Nobody died

Mike
so sorry to hear this Mike. Mine has landed apparently so fingers crossed they got it right. Mine is 2017 I think (ordered 25 June) but as was posted yesterday, apparently cascavel wheels were put on the configurator as a no cost option, which I ordered, but in fact in error and do cost. I have no idea what I will receive or whether they will try and add an additional cost. Seems some people at VW HQ need a good hard kick in the a***.

so sorry to hear this Mike. Mine has landed apparently so fingers crossed they got it right. Mine is 2017 I think (ordered 25 June) but as was posted yesterday, apparently cascavel wheels were put on the configurator as a no cost option, which I ordered, but in fact in error and do cost. I have no idea what I will receive or whether they will try and add an additional cost. Seems some people at VW HQ need a good hard kick in the a***.

You have been given a price that you both have agreed on, and both have signed. they may try and ask you for the money but i would stick to my guns.

You have been given a price that you both have agreed on, and both have signed. they may try and ask you for the money but i would stick to my guns.
I have every intention should they do so:rage

Nobody died

Mike

I really feel for you pal, and i think that you have taken this quite well.

Hopefully i get delivery of mine next week or the week after. Not sure if i would be as quite as calm as you if the same thing happened to me. It has been over 8 months now and the suspense is killing me. The possibility of having to potentially start all over again, i think would send me over the edge.

Good luck mate!

Mike,

That is awful :sad You must be gutted, in fact anyone reading your enthusiastic contributions to these forums in recent months will be gutted for you, as I am.

Terrible.

To quote @snowy55 "What a USELESS organisation Vw has become nowadays."

So sorry to read this Mike.

I really feel for you pal, and i think that you have taken this quite well.

Hopefully i get delivery of mine next week or the week after. Not sure if i would be as quite as calm as you if the same thing happened to me. It has been over 8 months now and the suspense is killing me. The possibility of having to potentially start all over again, i think would send me over the edge.

Good luck mate!
Thanks !This happened yesterday at midday. I'm still rising and not calm and yep stood on the edge.
I'm trying humour to keep calm and it's not really working

Mike

OMG what a nightmare! VW are an absolute joke!! Hope u resolve it somehow.

Mike,

That is awful :sad You must be gutted, in fact anyone reading your enthusiastic contributions to these forums in recent months will be gutted for you, as I am.

Terrible.

To quote @snowy55 "What a USELESS organisation Vw has become nowadays."

So sorry to read this Mike.
Thanks! I could really not have been more careful, or my dealer, he is equally gutted and frustrated. The only good thing to come out of today is that it was not his error, he checked and double checked, he follows this board and knows where things can go wrong.
Trust me I shall not be taking this lying down.

Mike

Best wishes in getting this resolved Mike. Not the first time this has happened either they don't learn from their mistakes!

Sorry to read this.There are a few landing in the next few weeks. Could be a case of too many people inputting details into the systems and re-keying info. Sucks big time !

WOW! What a horrible situation Mike – I really feel with you – already getting exhausted on your behalf. May the force be wit you!

Despite it is not much help – you are not alone. I thought my trouble after the crash was over, when I found a demo to buy. Just to find myself in the middle of a ongoing dispute with my local VW, involving headquarters, regarding ongoing problems and faults from the factory line to the lack of quality of work in the local garage. So exhausting and annoying. I will make a complete post when I can see an end of it … and as a VW customer thru many years I am sad to agree, but it really looks like VW is loosing it.

I wish for a happy ending for you!

Nobody died

But totally gutting nevertheless.

For VW there is a very simple solution to prevent this sort of error:
  • On receipt of an order at the factory, send a confirmation letter direct to the customer listing in full the selected options.
  • If the order is changed, send a new confirmation letter direct to the customer with the updated selected options.

...All for the price of a stamp, envelope and an A4 computer printout.

Yep! Not very difficult is it.

Mike

Back