Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pick up our new Ocean tomorrow

D

Damo+3

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
This forum malarkey is all very new to us so bear with...

We're a reasonably young family lucky enough to be able to go touring for several weeks each year and have travelled extensively through France in a tent as well as other trips elsewhere. Been thinking of taking the plunge with a California for ages and eventually went for it last week after getting what I hope is a solid deal on a new van (albeit the T6 Ocean not the new 6.1). We're picking it up tomorrow morning and it's a strange kind of feeling of excitement laced with trepidation that we get out of it what we hope to. We've got 2 boys aged 8 and 6 and want to take them to places which might not be so easy in a tent starting with the Outer Hebrides!

Fingers crossed we're not disappointed and can make lasting memories for the 4 of us.

Thanks a million.

The only regret you'll have is not doing it sooner! Get out there and enjoy yourself! I bet your kids will be soooo excited that your first sleep will be on the driveway!

Look forward to hearing all about your adventures! Get ready for a grin from ear to ear :D

I can honestly say you have made the right decision and your little ones are the perfect age all the memories they will have will be priceless :thumb and good luck for tomorrow it will be a day you won't forget.

Welcome, hope it goes smoothly. (There’s a check list in the downloads section if you need it). Happy camping :thumb

Well we picked the beast up this morning and already feel like this is a cracking decision. Thanks for the positivity folks. I'm seriously considering sleeping in there on the drive tonight and then might go for a run up to the Lakes tomorrow. Happy freaking days!

Again congratulations. Even after 12 months that “cracking decision” feeling is still strong for us after getting “Bertie” Right choice of colour IMHO:thumb
Now to the shop for accessorising and have you named “the beast” yet

Welcome and enjoy, 10 months with ours and still nip myself that it’s really ours. I’m sure you’ll assess what accessories are best for your family but would highly recommend getting a ‘safelock’ for the spare wheel (lots been taken) and consider a steering wheel lock... good visible deterrent ... no one wants to lose their Cali.

Take a look at the passenger side B pillar door trim. They all have a defect in the moulding and VW are not doing anything about it...

View attachment 54547

View attachment 54548

Thats not a defect but a imperfection in the molding thats been there eversince the start of the T5.
Are you aware that a Cali suffers roof corrosion and do nothing about it?
Makes the line in the plastic trim look like nothing.
Anyway , i'm not worrying over the roof or the plastic trim and enjoying my Cali , hope you are enjoying yours.

@Damo+3 , have fun in the New Cali , looking good!

Congrats. I also remember wanting to sleep in it on the driveway. Occasionally still want to. Even with the issues I’ve had with my van I still love driving it and camping in it. And so do the dogs. Hope you have a great weekend discovering things you never knew about it / her / him...

Congratulations to your family. My wife and I are firmly of the view that we should have got ourselves into a Cali at the start of family life and forsaken the whole car > bigger car > estate car thing. We would have saved a lot of money and had masses of fun. Why not have your children keep a journal of their adventures in it - a sort of Cali-diary. That will be fun to read in twenty years.

Happy venturing.

Congrats - life changing decision, and all for the best. Have a great experience - your kids will just love it.........and you will too of course. Looks great - loving the colour..........keep us updated on your travels.

Trust me (random stranger) you will not be disappointed! Best decision we ever made! Happy travels to you & your family :)

I'm seriously considering sleeping in there on the drive tonight and then might go for a run up to the Lakes tomorrow. Happy freaking days!

So did you?

congratulations on the new purchase. It will get you to do many more silly things such as sleeping in it when visiting the in-laws going for random getaways which may just increase, the increase in work from home situations where you just work from in your Cali. .... and many more

Hope you had a good time in the lakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats Nice looking Cali

That smile take a few weeks to subside, but comes back every time you drive it !
:bananadance2 :pinkbanana:bananadance2