Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picked up new retro-red beach

Stuart G

Stuart G

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Picked up my new Cali beach this week. I must say I am absolutely delighted with it. I got 7 seats (4 kids) and have been playing with the various seating and sleeping options. Beautiful machine and drives way better than the demo the dealer showed to me.

I ordered in the 3rd week of July, so it has been a long time coming, but not too bad I suppose given the emissions nonsense. Of course the dealer had no idea it was coming and just rang me out of the blue to say “it’s here.”

Not sure what the first trip will be. Possible a local one-nighter just to get the hang of things.

I am sooooo happy to have got it at last. I think I’ll call him Rufus, though that’s all up for family discussion!

C5B02E6A-A37D-4240-A957-DF42CE4DD1FD.jpeg

Nice newyears present to yourself !
Welcome on board , keep is posted on how you first trip went.

Very cool machine - congratulations - I really like the red/white combination!
I see your roof-canvas has a window in front - is this "a special" or have VW changed the Beach spec. - as previously the Beach only had side windows in the roof?

The window at the front of the bellows - that’s just the way they come - I didn’t order anything special in that regard.

Couple of weeks into owning it - and I still love it.

Very cool machine - congratulations - I really like the red/white combination!
I see your roof-canvas has a window in front - is this "a special" or have VW changed the Beach spec. - as previously the Beach only had side windows in the roof?
It looks like he has the new bellows. The whole front zips open

Looks nice.
Just needs those chrome wheels fitting ;)

Colours look great, I have found our 7 seater beach to be super versatile and we only have two kids.

That new front opening looks awesome, I'm gutted I missed that by 3 months with my Beach.

I guess new bellows could be retrofitted or the current ones modified but I'll live with it for now as it's the kids that sleep up there :)

Lovely looking machine, congrats....... we are awaiting our Beach, build is this week, so anticipation is killing us!

Regarding names, is this compulsory to choose one? It seems to be the first thing anyone does ;)

Not something I've ever done with cars or caravans in the past, I was just going to refer to it as 'the bus'...... then again, I guess thats a name of sorts! :happy

Love it, the red bellows looks great. Rufus works

Not too long now til our Bamboo Green Beach arrives, end of Jan I believe.

Literally no idea where to start with a name, never named a vehicle before...

Lovely looking machine, congrats....... we are awaiting our Beach, build is this week, so anticipation is killing us!

Regarding names, is this compulsory to choose one? It seems to be the first thing anyone does ;)

Not something I've ever done with cars or caravans in the past, I was just going to refer to it as 'the bus'...... then again, I guess thats a name of sorts! :happy
Have a look at the reg number some times it’s obvious, we had an “RV” on the reg plate once, obviously a “Harvey”. If nothing comes to mind, “the bus” is cool.

You’ve got Guy, JoJo, Robin (as it has a red breast) just with a quick look.

Last edited:
Hi Elly, I like your thinking..... would you believe we have a personal plate to go on it ending in HRV (Harvey being our surname) so I guess it’s just another member of the family.....

Bus Harvey!

Hi Elly, I like your thinking..... would you believe we have a personal plate to go on it ending in HRV (Harvey being our surname) so I guess it’s just another member of the family.....

Bus Harvey!
:shocked SPOOKY, whoooooooooo. :)

Last edited:
Rufus, why didn’t we think of that one?
Found out that coloured bellows are no longer available- only grey ( this is on the dealer ordering system) it might still be an option on the configurator- sad as I would have liked red bellows.