Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picking up my new 67 Cali .....

zcsccg1

zcsccg1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

I'm picking up the my new Ocean tomorrow, and there are bits of information i've found info knocking around about subtle changes in spec for 2018 MY over the last few months. I've also been watching "California Chris" on youtube from VW Van Centre Liverpool who has posted some good videos of the MY18 vans and he mentions the equipment below now being standard.

Emergency City Braking - I thought this was part of ACC, and strangely the video walkaround of my van (Thanks Dan at Listers Van Centre Worcester) shows the ACC sensor on the lower valance. Does this mean ACC is now standard? I ordered cruise control as an option.

Kitchen Upgrade - this has been done to death, but the lighting also includes an ambient strip light just below the glass worktops?

Light and vision pack now standard?

Multi Function Steering Wheel now standard? - I ordered this as an option.

Does anyone have any information as to whether this is correct? Obviously I'll find out for real tomorrow when I pick it up...... and I'll post some pics.

Edit: ACC is not standard, the spec sheet shows City Emergency Braking without ACC -- which is standard.

Last edited:
Sorry I am not much help withthe questions but enjoy collecting your vehicle! Exciting times ahead!

Welcome and many happy adventures in your travels.:thumb:welcome

Exiting times ahead ...!
Guess not many on here collected a my18 so up to you to give us the intel tomorrow ;)

Thanks all,
Yes, exciting indeed. All set to go, heading down first thing tomorrow

I'm also watching this with interest - I'm expecting mine next week.

I ordered the shower, so also wondered whether I might get the freebie strip lighting on kitchen.

And I missed off the auto lights option, so would be great if I got that thrown in :)

Let us know!!

I'm also watching this with interest - I'm expecting mine next week.

I ordered the shower, so also wondered whether I might get the freebie strip lighting on kitchen.

And I missed off the auto lights option, so would be great if I got that thrown in :)

Let us know!!

My guess will be yes on both counts - you can't order the shower without the strip lighting now so expect they come together and the auto lights are standard, so if you're getting a a MY18 then I expect you will get them too

Hi,
My understanding is the light and vision pack is now standard so yes you will get auto lights, auto wipers and auto dimming mirror.

Enjoy your Cali, you may have already confirm but from my limited understanding "Emergency City Braking" was originally an option on its own or included with ACC.

They've now added it as standard which probably means it also uses the sensors, but does not include the rest of the functionality of full ACC.

Hi All,
Wow lots of standard features.

Mood or strip lighting under the kitchen unit is now standard.

Lights and vision standard.

Wing mirrors are now auto bi-fold when press and hold remote.

No need for bellows bungee, there are strips that fold in the canvas on close.

Tyre pressure monitors standard ... need to look further.

City brake as mentioned.

Clock now on media screen and new features. Lots of them. Will look in to it.

New style handbook pouch.

Not sure if new, but driver voice transfer through rear speakers - you only have to whisper and the speech is related through the rear speakers .... Cool.

Rear tailgate wiper standard without heater.

There is also a opening window on the slide door, was that standard previously?

I'm sure there are lots more..... I'll post when I find them.

Kitchen lighting and wardrobe lighting as already discussed.

Chris

Oh Yes, a massive thanks to Dan Cooper at Listers van Droitwich, Worcester ..... spot on and extremely helpful. The best service of all the centres I visited... fantastic.

Tyre pressure monitors, sliding window to sliding door, tailgate wiper have all been standard on the T6 and T5 for a long time. :thumb

City assist,multi function steering wheel controls,auto lights and wipers now all standard on my18..I can vouch for this as I have one on order

Hi All,
Wow lots of standard features.

Mood or strip lighting under the kitchen unit is now standard.
Is the kitchen top split into three opening sections? Expecting mine in two weeks.

Yes, split worktop, striplight above cupboards, interior lighting to cupboards and wardrobe. Larger mirror and tray below mirror.

This really is an amazing vehicle, I'm starting to understand the fuss.

Camped over at Shakerstone Festival after picking it up from Worcester on Friday. Festival was ok, not as good as some, but the first camp experience was an eye opener. It's brilliant and does everything you'd expect.

I've got all the kit as we camp regularly, so a trip home to load up saw everything consumed in the various storage areas and cupboards. Absolutely loads of storage, you need a spreadsheet to keep track of where you've put everything, or a memory like an elephant.

It's so quick to get set up, the hardest thing was getting the driver's captain chair turned around. I've seen the youtube videos, but trying to work out what your doing wrong is a bit frustrating. Got there eventually.

Just need to book a few more camps now, I think the next we've got is Land Rover International Show, and the Overland event.

My 12 year old son loves it too.

One issue - i seem to have a flashing ambient temp symbol on the control panel - if I set the display to ambient temp it says "sync ...." or words to that effect. Anyone any ideas? Went into the diagnostic menu and I think the code showing was 6000 or 6001 or something. Cleared it but it came back.

Hi,
I got that separately, when the 67 plates first came on sale. I'd already put the order in for the Ocean.

Back