Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picnic spots in Cambridgeshire?

LesleyAnne

LesleyAnne

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Family and friends are wanting to accompany us on day trips to experience our new van. We are looking for interesting/scenic locations to park up for a day visit in or around Cambridgeshire. We would like to be able to picnic in or around the van to showcase its facilities! So ideally not a crowded or surfaced car park. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For anyone interested, I'm now in a position to answer my own question! Wimpole Hall near Cambridge (National Trust) has an overflow car park in a grass field opposite the main surfaced visitors car park. This looks ideally spacious for us to park up for a campervan picnic, all grass with trees and still close to the house and facilities. Having questioned a very helpful parking attendant on duty today she said they would be happy to open it up for our van, even when the main car park isn't overflowing. Free to NT members and £2 all day for non-members. Any further suggestions still welcome, and thanks to all who've viewed my post so far!

Wimpole Hall is a great location.

Maybe Grafham Water might be another option, or slightly further afield, Ickworth House (also NT) is lovely too.

Back