Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picnic Table mounted in door problem ?

Morganic

Morganic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Had the picnic table that’s mounted in the door out today. When I tried to put it back in it wouldn’t clip back in place. Any suggestions please?

Had the picnic table that’s mounted in the door out today. When I tried to put it back in it wouldn’t clip back in place. Any suggestions please?
I suspect
A) the table is not sitting in the aperture correctly
& or
B) You need to press the top of the table in with more pressure to make it latch correctly (when you have ensured A is done correctly)

If the latch is down you need to push the table in firmly at the top to make it click. If the latch is stuck in the up position you need to push it back down while holding the table in at the top . As said make sure the table is sat proper at the bottom

If the latch is down you need to push the table in firmly at the top to make it click. If the latch is stuck in the up position you need to push it back down while holding the table in at the top . As said make sure the table is sat proper at the bottom
Many thanks. I’ve looked into the aperture and I can see something shiny. The handle seems as if it’s unconnected and is loose Is this because the latch has become detached. Thanks for your help

Many thanks. I’ve looked into the aperture and I can see something shiny. The handle seems as if it’s unconnected and is loose Is this because the latch has become detached. Thanks for your help
I have to actively lift the latch, place the table in slot, push table in at the top and push latch down again.

A bit of silicone spray might help it release.

My first one knackered up and i had it changed
under warranty, that was some time ago though.

I have to actively lift the latch, place the table in slot, push table in at the top and push latch down again.
Thanks everyone. It worked. Pushed the table into the bottom of the door, pushed the top into the aperture and pushed the latch down hard. It worked a treat

Brute force! I've had the problem for 12 years - you literally have to bash it into place.

While at that, also wrap some electrical tape around the catch below the table. Stops it from rattling against the latch on the door.

While at that, also wrap some electrical tape around the catch below the table. Stops it from rattling against the latch on the door.
Thanks. I found that latch stayed up and you had to press it back down hard. It doesn’t rattle but the table does!

Back