Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pictures of ArtVelours - seat centre section with seat bolsters in leather look in a recent ocean

S

Seymour Butts

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi, I’m undecided whether to pay for the option of

ArtVelours - seat centre section with seat bolsters in leather look​

or go with standard and then leather seats retrimmed after purchase.
any pictures would be greatly appreciated.
many thanks

Bill

Hi Bill,

Paid for the upgrade to art velour, cali arrived in December. I also had seat covers put on at the dealership. To date, i have not seen the seats.

Velour in waterproof clothing!

I think i would be a little put off by having post delivery retrim, i would be worried about, airbags in seats etc. Also its a two man job to lift a chair out and a four man to get the rear out. Could knock your pride and joy about.

I will take a pic of a naked seat later (or half naked seat)

duff

8A1B9F1E-48B7-4AC4-97E5-855A7FA93853.jpeg

DB383384-010B-4DDB-9DB5-A6D7A22FDCD3.jpeg

82E368F4-D076-4AA9-A911-70831C111431.jpeg

Last edited:
What seat covers did you go for? Are those VW ones? Perfect for what I need. Thanks

I missed that option when ordering in April - is it available in the UK? I was disappointed not to see a leather seat option and trying to work out which covers to get to fancy it up a bit!

"Art Velours" Posh VW speak for " Plastic with cloth inserts" In the old of the T5's it was real leather.
IMO. An after market leather retrim is better value, and of course, lots of options.

Hi Bill,

Paid for the upgrade to art velour, cali arrived in December. I also had seat covers put on at the dealership. To date, i have not seen the seats.

I think i would be a little put off by having post delivery retrim, i would be worried about, airbags in seats etc. Also its a two man job to lift a chair out and a four man to get the rear out. Could knock your pride and joy about.

duff

View attachment 80283

View attachment 80284

View attachment 80285
Thanks Duff,
really appreciate the reply and photos the seat(half) looks great but I’m fearing I’d do the same as your good self and they’d stay covered up, hence much thought going into it now. ‍♂️

all the best

Bill

"Art Velours" Posh VW speak for " Plastic with cloth inserts" In the old of the T5's it was real leather.
IMO. An after market leather retrim is better value, and of course, lots of options.
I agree with this statement too‍♂️

For what VW charge the inserts should be real leather. Just sad. Personally I'd go with aftermarket leather for the same price. This is what my dealer can offer with lots of colour, design and leather quality options.

thumbnail.jpeg

Hi Bill,

duff

View attachment 80283

View attachment 80284

View attachment 80285
am i missing something here you paid extra for velour seats and then paid another extra amount to have them covered in lose fitting covers?

We absolutely love the Art Velours seats and wouldn’t want real leather in our van.

The Art Velours is very easy to keep clean with water wipes / baby wipes and looked as good as new after 21k miles when we sold our T6. Have ordered it again on the T6.1.

It seems very hard wearing and the velour centre section isn’t cold when you sit on it on a frosty morning or when camping, but it does give the van a noticeable lift in comfort/luxury feeling, to us anyway.

We’ve had leather in many cars and tend to find that it is difficult to keep pristine over time. It gets shiny (despite cleaning), can sag/crease and can be problematic with staining from jeans etc. Never had any of these issues with Art Velours even in the light grey colour.

The Art Velours is very easy to keep clean with water wipes / baby wipes and looked as good as new after 21k miles when we sold our T6. Have ordered it again on the T6.1.
Would you know how it would fare against children? Specifically, how easy would it be to clean after food and liquid spills? I imagine that the “leather” part can be wiped clean. But what about the center part?

I’ve not yet found a good answer on how to get child-proof seats that don’t involve either adding unsightly loose covers or have to deal with the huge faff of fitting second-skin covers.

We absolutely love the Art Velours seats and wouldn’t want real leather in our van.

It seems very hard wearing and the velour centre section isn’t cold when you sit on it on a frosty morning or when camping, but it does give the van a noticeable lift in comfort/luxury feeling, to us anyway.

We’ve had leather in many cars and tend to find that it is difficult to keep pristine over time. It gets shiny (despite cleaning), can sag/crease and can be problematic with staining from jeans etc. Never had any of these issues with Art Velours even in the light grey colour.
Thanks for the reply.

am i missing something here you paid extra for velour seats and then paid another extra amount to have them covered in lose fitting covers?
No your not missing anything. Like putting a table cloth on a table!

No your not missing anything. Like putting a table cloth on a table!
yes but you remove the table cloth when finished eating and appreciate looking at the nice wooden table in your set up as you stated you have never seen the expensive velour .

yes but you remove the table cloth when finished eating and appreciate looking at the nice wooden table in your set up as you stated you have never seen the expensive velour .
It’s a thing, bit like having rubber mats over the cab carpets!

Back