Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

pin whell centering

I'm trying motors
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
good morning, someone in a thread about a pin to be screwed into the hole for bolts for easy mounting of the wheel, sold on ebay .... I can not find the link you help me .... thanks

grazie per il momento, in Italia solo trovare un numero in varie misure di centraggio perni a 54 euro .... a noi ci vuole solo un al pin ....

You get a nice aluminium one in the tool kit for a Touareg, so it might be possible to find the part number and order them from a dealer.

thanks for the information, but unfortunately do not ship to Italy! and in any case the shipping costs for Germany are ten times the value of the goods !! unfortunately I can not find a seller on the continent .... I might like to do? .....

You're right ..... you'll find a threaded bar 14 x 1.5 ... then if one of you will buy me one and send it in Italy .... I would do me a great favor !! surely the shipping charges can not be so expensive !!

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
It's strange there's not one in the toolkit? Every Audi I've had since 2004 has had one. Black nylon pin 4 inches long threaded for half an inch one end and radius on the other. Must check my tool kit tomorrow and make one up if not present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's strange there's not one in the toolkit? Every Audi I've had since 2004 has had one. Black nylon pin 4 inches long threaded for half an inch one end and radius on the other. Must check my tool kit tomorrow and make one up if not present.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe Cali. owners (Transporter derived converion) are supposed to fit in with 'White Van Man' macho image and deemed not to need one, or are Audi owners 'wimps?:talktothehand

Changed many wheels on all sort of diffrent verhicles (4x4's and lorry's included)and never felt the need for such a tool , allthough i think it can help .
If i come up to buy it at reasonable price i might pick one up .
Never seen this used at a professinal tyre shop eigther so....says enough...pro's can fit a wheel without it....:D
If they where to put in the toolkit i can imagine it to be handy for the people having two left hands , but on the other hand they might think it's a special wheelnut and drive off leaving it in...:Nailbiting

They are useful for larger/heavier wheels, I can hold mrs Loz's smart wheel in place with one hand and do the bolts with the other, however on the Touareg and Landcruiser you need two hands to hold the wheel in place and turn it to align them up unless you also use your knees, but that is in the comfort of your garage, on the side of a wet muddy track the pin is very handy.

Unless you have changed a wheel in the dark in rain/snow I don't think you realise how valuable this tool is. Makes it a doddle to line up.

Maybe Cali. owners (Transporter derived converion) are supposed to fit in with 'White Van Man' macho image and deemed not to need one, or are Audi owners 'wimps?:talktothehand
I honestly wouldn't know the answer to your question, I've changed hundreds of wheels at the roadside in all conditions on call outs without one because the owners couldn't line up their stud holes with the holes in the wheels. Even showed them the said item in their tool kit for the next time it may happen. The reason I would like one in our California's toolkit is that my wife from time to time drives the California solo and wouldn't like to see her stuck looking for similar pin that's in our Audis' tool kits and knows how to use that item. I've also been out at many HGV roadside call outs where the drivers weren't indeed wimps but had two left hands when it came to doing anything with them;). All the best.
Wullie

Unless you have changed a wheel in the dark in rain/snow I don't think you realise how valuable this tool is. Makes it a doddle to line up.

Think with a Cali you can mix work with pleasure , while changing the wheel you can put the ketlle on to have a nice cup waiting when finished...:thumb

Back