Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Placed my order today

T

Tronic

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Placed my order with Guy at Preston today, nice fella to deal with. after shopping around locally I called Guy up with my spec just to see what he could do. He got straight back to me with his quote, couldn't be simpler.
He explained the new tax laws due to start April 1st 2017. It's not looking likely that our order will be ready before that date so I'm preparing myself for a 1st year road tax bill of £800.

PCP together with the £750 contribution from VW was also explained very clearly, this is something I'll be taking advantage of.

So here's our dream spec, in for a penny and all that

Ocean 204bhp DSG 4 motion in Indium grey
ACtive cruise control up to 130mph
Parking sensors
Black awning
Cascavel black diamond cut alloys
Discover media plus which comes with app connect
Shower connection
Mud flaps
Light and vision pack
Detachable tow bar for my bike carrier

Very excited even though we've got a potential 7 months to wait. Hoping to get deliverynin time for a planned trip to France end of May.

Cheers,

Tronic

It sounds lovely. Congratulations.

You now have seven months to buy all those "indispensable" accessories and 8 months before they appear in the "for sale" part of the forum :D

Placed my order with Guy at Preston today, nice fella to deal with. after shopping around locally I called Guy up with my spec just to see what he could do. He got straight back to me with his quote, couldn't be simpler.
He explained the new tax laws due to start April 1st 2017. It's not looking likely that our order will be ready before that date so I'm preparing myself for a 1st year road tax bill of £800.

PCP together with the £750 contribution from VW was also explained very clearly, this is something I'll be taking advantage of.

Parking sensors
Black awning
Shower connection
Mud flaps
Light and vision pack

Very excited even though we've got a potential 7 months to wait. Hoping to get deliverynin time for a planned trip to France end of May.

Cheers,

Tronic
Welcome @Tronic!
I've ordered through Guy twice. Straight up bloke who does good deals. Hope you get a miraculously speedy build.

Without prying unnecessarily, is PCP a convenient / efficient route to outright ownership, or will you give it back at the end? I always thought the strong residuals on Cali's were never truly reflected in fixed term 'rental' type deals.

Without prying unnecessarily, is PCP a convenient / efficient route to outright ownership, or will you give it back at the end? I always thought the strong residuals on Cali's were never truly reflected in fixed term 'rental' type deals.
I took the PCP option to claim the £750 cash contribution from VW. You have 14 days to pay back the loan in full. If you take advantage of this then you get to keep the contribution less £60. Result.

The final balloon payment at the end of the 3yr finance is around 25k on a T6 Ocean. Part-ex / handing it back at this point would seem like madness with the high residuals but the PCP works for us as we intend to keep it and pay the balloon. Will likely make up 5k and re-finance 20k which brings it into the realms of high street lenders and very competitive APR deals. Refinance it for another 3.5yrs and you can pretty much maintain a circa. £500 p/m payment for 6.5yrs on a well spec'd Ocean with a typically achieved discount. (obviously this won't be the case if interest rates shoot up but the hand-back option then becomes a good safety clause)

The VW finance is a lot less attractive than the high street component but the reality is that they are quite liberal with their acceptance as long as you have a decent credit record. I was astounded to be offered 40k+ credit without them even wanting to know salary information or see bank statements.

For us this is an efficient route to ownership that allows us to enjoy the Cali as a young family whilst keeping the credit costs at a reasonable level.

Congratulations Tronic! I'm sure Guy will do his utmost to get it to you asap.

Parking sensors
Black awning
Shower connection
Mud flaps
Light and vision pack

Cheers,

Tronic

Good news, Guy gets rave reviews. I take it the local chaps couldn't get it right for you?

Welcome and Great News. Its the start of an exciting Journey with lots of time to plan, read and wise up. Look forward to hearing more as the journey progresses. I started mine on 24th August. Got, this week, a Conditional build date of Week 4, 2017. So progressing nicely.:happy

Good news, Guy gets rave reviews. I take it the local chaps couldn't get it right for you?
I went to my local dealer and after a few emails they finally gave me their best offer. After reading posts from this forum I decided to contact Guy and he came up trumps with a great deal. The Ocean at the end of the day is a lot money. I have also opted for the 2 service deal + £199, this option I believe is only offered when you take out finance.

I took the PCP option to claim the £750 cash contribution from VW. You have 14 days to pay back the loan in full. If you take advantage of this then you get to keep the contribution less £60. Result.
I was told that the minimum period to get out of the PCP and still benefit from the £750 contribution was 6 months. I hope I am wrong and it can be paid back in 14 days but I would be very surprised. The other reason for taking the PCP is to benefit from the fixed price servicing at a discount which you can only get with the PCP. Where did you hear about the 14 days to pay back? Was it written down anywhere? I really hope you are correct because we are the same - we only took out PCP to benefit from the further savings to be had. We have not actually signed up for the PCP yet but have stated we would take it when we placed our order in August.

Copied from VW finance page -Ending your agreement early
Depending on the agreement you have with us, you can request to end your finance agreement early.
If your agreement was set up within the last 14 days, please see below for details on your Right to Withdraw. Alternatively, you can request a Settlement Quote (unless you are a Finance Lease customer).

If you have a Finance Lease or Contract Hire agreement with us, please contact us to discuss the options available to you.
Please note, if you have a Contract Hire agreement, the settlement figure provided is for the rental payments only. Once paid you will need to make arrangements for your vehicle to be returned. Please visit Contract hire for more information regarding your agreement.

Right of Withdrawal
Under the Consumer Credit Directive you are within your right to withdraw from your finance agreement but not the vehicle purchase without giving us any reason if:

1. the credit that you take out is for £60,260 or less, you have regulated Hire Purchase, Lease Purchase or Solutions finance agreement and
  2. you notify us verbally or in writing, using our contact details, that you wish to withdraw within 14 days of setting up your credit agreement.

This early repayment (and the rules) has been discussed before but those involved may not be watching this thread. If you want to benefit from their experience I'd either find and resurrect that thread, or start a new one with a more relevant title to draw them in.

Congratulations on your order. We placed our order last week and were given an optimistic delivery date of March 2017 - although we're expecting it to be April.May. Our dealer has said that it it delivery and registration is in the next tax year the dealership will absorb any extra tax costs - which is great news for us!

Like you, we now have the long wait!

Hi, we are in the same boat as a few of you above, we have been given an optimistic delivery date of March 2017. I will check with our dealer next time we are in but I too would have expected the dealer to absorb the VED increase if it comes to it, as the first year's VED is included in the 'on the road' price of the California. We are borrowing a California from them for a few days in November so I'll ask then and let you know.

Congratulations on your order. We placed our order last week and were given an optimistic delivery date of March 2017 - although we're expecting it to be April.May. Our dealer has said that it it delivery and registration is in the next tax year the dealership will absorb any extra tax costs - which is great news for us!

Like you, we now have the long wait!
Thats a very good concession. My calculation suggests that is worth £570 in the first year (for a Cali Ocean 150ps). Well done!

I've paid off finance early before. I spoke to our dealer and they asked if I'd wait about 7 days so that the dealer get the money from VW finance and then I simply paid off the amount. It just cost 7 days interest.
It's totally doable. :)

Hi, we are in the same boat as a few of you above, we have been given an optimistic delivery date of March 2017. I will check with our dealer next time we are in but I too would have expected the dealer to absorb the VED increase if it comes to it, as the first year's VED is included in the 'on the road' price of the California. We are borrowing a California from them for a few days in November so I'll ask then and let you know.
I suspect that, unless you got the concession when you placed the order, the OTR price included the VED prevailing at that time. I suggest you check the order you signed - you will see a line for Road Fund Licence I bet it says £185.00. Any increase would be considered outside the dealers control, i.e. Government action and as such the liability would be yours not theirs. Hope I am wrong. It will be interesting to keep an eye on this matter.

Me too, Code 10 for Week 5..... Woohoo!! :D

It'll probably change 273 times but it's one step closer than Code 00!
Maybe, but you've got the perfect excuse to get on with your (and your partners) Christmas list.;)

I suspect that, unless you got the concession when you placed the order, the OTR price included the VED prevailing at that time. I suggest you check the order you signed - you will see a line for Road Fund Licence I bet it says £185.00. Any increase would be considered outside the dealers control, i.e. Government action and as such the liability would be yours not theirs. Hope I am wrong. It will be interesting to keep an eye on this matter.

Yeah possibly, I've looked into it a bit more now and realised the 150bhp DSG we have gone for is "only" £500 in the first year so hopefully they will honour the £315 difference. Maybe not but we will see.

Obviously we won't really have to worry about this because I'm sure they will all arrive on time!!

You might be lucky... we ordered ours mid March 2016 and it came end of June 2016. So around 14 weeks. And it had DSG.

Parking sensors
Black awning
Shower connection
Mud flaps
Light and vision pack

Cheers,

Tronic

Congratulations. Nice spec. Seems like a long wait 7 months!

Not sure I'd have ordered the mudflaps though. Front ones are ok (in fact I've just fitted a pair to my van but have you seen how they look on the back bumper? They are fitted half way down the bumper and are screwed into it. I'd rather clean off some mud every so often than have a giant plastic flap ruin my nice rear bumper... only my option though. Still on indium grey not so obvious as on a white van. Anyway enjoy the wait it's totally with it when it arrives!

Sorry OP, I got distracted with VED talk. Big congratulations on your order. It sounds like a lovely California. Can't wait to see some photos when it arrives!

Yeah possibly, I've looked into it a bit more now and realised the 150bhp DSG we have gone for is "only" £500 in the first year so hopefully they will honour the £315 difference. Maybe not but we will see.

Obviously we won't really have to worry about this because I'm sure they will all arrive on time!!
I've been given week 4 as a provisional build date which gives me some hope but.......my homework tells me that the first year VED for a 150ps DSG for registrations after 31st March 2017 is as you say £500 (drops to £140 in year two) but there is an additional charge for new vehicles where the purchase price is over £40k. That additional charge is £310 per year for each of the first 5 years. It then drops to zero. I only send this information so you can check and tell me I am wrong (I hope you can do this) or to prepare you for a potential bigger shock if I am right and your delivery is after 31st March.:( I attach a schedule of what I think the VED will be for 5 years + of ownership (pending any other Government change).

Attachments

• VED.pdf
    182.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: