Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Planning 2014 - What's the Big Idea??

mrkawasaki

mrkawasaki

Nights drawing in only makes me start dreaming about where the van will take me next year...

Short List WiP
World Cyclocross Champs, Belgium - in February
IoM TT
Le Mans
Tour de France (in Yorkshire!)

Various bike polo tournaments in UK and europe
Various MTB Enduro races across the UK
Inevitable West Country runs

What you planning??

Im looking forward to reading about your adventures jen :thumb

Thank you Kev

Weather permitting I am collecting Albert on the 7th January, bringing him home, loading him up with all the bits and pieces that I am currently accumulating, thanks to so much good advice from this site, and setting off on the 8th for 5 days at Lands End and west penwith to check everything out,

well shakedown as my American friends used to call it but Albert being a true hanoverian and me being a true brit we do not really do shakedowns, merely efficiently and quietly getting on the job, ... Er, on with the job :oops:

Looks like you will be topping the "how many nights away" poll next year Jen. do you propose to stay on camp sites or wild camp ! will be following your "blog" good luck on your travels. :thumb
Ron.

Retiredron said:
Looks like you will be topping the "how many nights away" poll next year Jen. do you propose to stay on camp sites or wild camp ! will be following your "blog" good luck on your travels. :thumb
Ron.

Goodness young Ron! A blog? What on earth is one of those? I was brought up with Mrs Dales Diary, not Mrs Dales Blog!

It's all wait and see Ron, but From my first few tentative planning steps it will be mostly CL's, with the odd foray on to a Camp site with showers when I feel the need :D

Just how many days away I am not to sure, I am in the process of selling two houses and refurbishing a third, to share with my Sister, but I do hope to make it at least 10 days a month.

mrkawasaki said:
Nights drawing in only makes me start dreaming about where the van will take me next year...

Short List WiP
Le Mans
IoM TT
Inevitable West Country run

What you planning??

I've done the Le Mans thing. One of lifes experiences. !! Not to be missed or repeated.
Tour de France. Will we see you running alongside the king of the mountains, shirt off screaming support as he breezes over the top of Tan Hill or wherever?

We're moving to Exmoor shortly so my plans involve a lot more Californication and a lot less work :cool:

S.

I see you mention the Tour de France in Yorkshire. Have you booked on the Velofest? I've just booked to go, it would be good to get some fellow Cali owners there???

A wedding in Sweden, Le Tour, World MTB Champs in Norway and selected National Points Series rounds and lots of smaller trips for fun

mrkawasaki said:

Short List WiP
World Cyclocross Champs, Belgium - in February
IoM TT
Le Mans

Inevitable West Country runs

What you planning??

If you're thinking of the TDF, book NOW. Everything's almost booked up already in Upper Wharfedale for day 1 and there isn't much available space to wild camp.

Back