Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Planning our big trip, advice / suggestions welcome!

Chrismatheson

Chrismatheson

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
So, we bought our Van at Christmas because this year we have the unique opportunity (maternity leave until sept) to spend the entire 6 weeks school holiday travelling as a family.

Our current sketch of a plan is to spend the first 2 weeks traveling up to Scotland with both kids, meet some friends on Cromdale and stay in an rental home for a week, then high tale to Glasgow to drop of the kids with relatives and head out just 2 adults for a bit, pick up the kids on the way back down south to chester, have a few days of then start the southern leg which will end with us at the love2stay site in Shrewsbury.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1Zo8pMfCKmZ0h1N_XfcleJo7VhIOv3ak&usp=sharing (any suggestions for better software options to try and capture this plan would also be appreciated)

Sites are booking up fast, so im hoping to could source some great places to try and book for staying at the points of interest marked on the map (Bristol,Millbay/fisherman's cove, Stovers county park, Bude, Loch Ness, Isle of Mull at the time of writing this) but also any input on sites / good things to visit along the route.

Were trying to thread the needle of planning ahead & booking things so as not to be disappointed and sleeping in motorway services, but also trying to leave in some flexibility so we can take detours and stay longer at places etc. So advice on general area where "wild camping" is going to be a complete no-go vs probably quite doable would also be appreciated. Ive done a few pub overnights so far and signed up for "park4night" to try and find some other spots, but with 2 kids in the van my risk level is quite low ( even being asked nicely to move at 11pm would be a big pain with a sleeping baby ;) )

Really looking forward to the collective wisdom and experience of this community!

Thanks

Chris

After reading the first sentence, I was going to say how jealous I was and suggest France and Italy, maybe Greece - where I would head. But you seem to have a plan so I would just suggest my favourites books, the Cool Camping series