Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Plastic bits

Billywizz

Billywizz

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all, right I have two poly bags in the boot containing plastic accessories one being a cup holder....I cannot work out what the other is (Sorry I have no pics)

Thanks in advance for your help...and feel free to call me a T**T if required

At a guess its a towel rail to fit on the front of the kitchen units in the same slot as the cup holder.

Hi all, right I have two poly bags in the boot containing plastic accessories one being a cup holder....I cannot work out what the other is (Sorry I have no pics)

My beach had a cup holder that came in two parts, each part in its own plastic bag. Sure It isn't two parts of the same thing?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Possibly the roof emergency tie down kit. If the Beach has one.

Do they look like this:
ca4d27127a7b343a663e71f8a3396431.jpg

Cup holder, both parts fit together then it fits into the grove around the sink/hob.

Yes ChrisS just like your pictures
Ahhh then it's two bits of the same thing. The thing that looks like a cup holder fits in the other thing, and the other thing hooks into the rail in the van. :)

Ahhhh!!! I’d been wondering about this as the ring part is from an amorok and I assumed ours on our loan van was just miss picked at the factory.

Didn’t realise they clipped together in the Cali!! Doh!!

Ahhhh!!! I’d been wondering about this as the ring part is from an amorok and I assumed ours on our loan van was just miss picked at the factory.

Didn’t realise they clipped together in the Cali!! Doh!!
Not stupid at all! It took me a while to sort out what they were for and at first thought they were for cup holders in the cab area. I tried to see how it fitted into air vents etc. until I saw a picture in a brochure or on here fitting it into the rail under the window.

Now. Where is the cupholder for the passenger in the rear right hand seat as the receptacle next to the door is useless?

Andy

Oh I know what the answer to that is - and it's stupid.

If you look to the side of the right hand seat in the rear you will see a 12v power socket. Behind that is a cup holder!! Of absolutely no use what so ever!!

Must be a bit of interior trim carried over from the Caravelle as no designer would ever have put that there!!

Oh I know what the answer to that is - and it's stupid.

If you look to the side of the right hand seat in the rear you will see a 12v power socket. Behind that is a cup holder!! Of absolutely no use what so ever!!

Must be a bit of interior trim carried over from the Caravelle as no designer would ever have put that there!!
Sorry, I know about that bit and hence my comment about the respectable being completely useless. I have noticed that the design of the multiflex unit in the 2 seat bench Beach has been changed and at least now I can use the 12v socket in the boot. Maybe they will sort out the right hand rear passenger cup issue sometime soon.

Andy

Last edited:
I have a third bag with two long plastic parts, two short parts and two Velcro straps that look as though they might thread through the aforementioned parts. Any ideas what these might be?

I have a third bag with two long plastic parts, two short parts and two Velcro straps that look as though they might thread through the aforementioned parts. Any ideas what these might be?
You haven't read the Handbook, have you.
They slide into the Roof rail and Side rail to keep the roof closed if the hydraulics fail and you have to lower the roof manually. Important.

No worries. It came to me when sleeping.

You haven't read the Handbook, have you.
They slide into the Roof rail and Side rail to keep the roof closed if the hydraulics fail and you have to lower the roof manually. Important.
Thanks. I've scanned it. I tend to use handbooks when I have to sort a problem or need information where the index acts as a pointer to the solution. Sadly, when I looked for "random plastic parts and Velcro", (or variations thereof), I couldn't find anything ;-).

To be fair Nigel its a massive tome and most of us never read it either ;)
The General Handbook possibly as most of it is to do with the basic vehicle and very similar to most vehicle handbooks, But the dedicated California Handbook. I think that should be read as it would answer lot of the basic campervan questions regarding the beds, roof, habitation lights, Parking Heater ,Fridge etc.

The General Handbook possibly as most of it is to do with the basic vehicle and very similar to most vehicle handbooks, But the dedicated California Handbook. I think that should be read as it would answer lot of the basic campervan questions regarding the beds, roof, habitation lights, Parking Heater ,Fridge etc.

Agree - but such a shame that so much is irrelevant to Beach users. Trying to find out how to use the Beach parking heater, for example, means setting aside the dedicated parking heater chapter in the California manual and looking in the multivan manual.

Take a look here....
Someone :D did the effort to make a video on how to use those 'plastic parts'

Back