Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Plastic slats of roof bellow: are broken at several points

Leonow

Leonow

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi to hall!
Inside the tent of the roof bellow there are three plastic stats (sorry for my bad English, I hope you can understand what I mean). I'm sure that in the up side there are broken. On the left side now there is a little hole too, and in the front it is very evident that it presses outwardly. it seems to me that the ribs are also broken in the central area. And in the down side too.
My question is: the slats are originally one piece? or these are "divided" in half?

Now I'll try to fix them (do you know how is possible to do it?), but I would like to first understand if I have to do it in the middle or not. I need to know before starting work. Isn't easy and I don't want to disassemble parts unnecessarily.

I attach some pics for better explanation. Hope someone can help me to understand how the splints are originally. Special thanks to all!!

96don5.jpg

fuvxir.jpg

swd0gn.jpg

2wp1hmp.jpg

1077tiq.jpg

2rggg12.jpg

Hi , seems your canvas has got stuck between the scissors /mechanism and got some damaged.
The slats you talk about need to bend in two for folding the canvas in...but yours look in a strange way....

Take a look at page two of this topic by me and see how the inside of that slats look like.
Also take the time to reed the whole topic .....
http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/cali-technical-tips-tricks.9457/

Last edited:
Thank you very much Hotel California, your Thred is amazing, so detailed, my compliments!
I understood that the splints are originally divided in the middle, but now there are broken at the top. And downside? Maybe broken to? What's the best way, to change those or to repair?

Must say looking at your canvas it is pretty damaged ....repairing gonna be difficult.
If i bought one looking like that probally think of replacing it with a new canvas , but it coast a lot of euro's , don't know exact.
If it folds down ok , you could leave it that way for the moment...
Try to put on a bellow bungee , bungee strap ...like many on the forum use .

I don't think you will be able to make a lasting repair, and I doubt if you could get replacement parts. I think only replacement would be a viable proposition for long term use.

I have to cut inside the tent and look what exactly happened..

I have to cut inside the tent and look what exactly happened..
Hi Leonow, just curious, how did this work out for you? Did you repair or replace?

Back