Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Playing music/radio

B

Buds

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Expecting delivery of new Cali in December, getting excited making lists of the things we will need. Thinking about how we will listen to music and radio when camped up, do people use the radio on the van or have other alternatives ?

I use a Bluetooth speaker or dab radio, both rechargeable. You can't use the in van system for to long otherwise you'll drain your engine battery.
Other option is your ipad/tablet for music or Internet radio.

Expecting delivery of new Cali in December, getting excited making lists of the things we will need. Thinking about how we will listen to music and radio when camped up, do people use the radio on the van or have other alternatives ?
If you do use the van radio, it switches off after 30 minute, even if you are on hookup. To save flattening the battery.
So many of us use a stand alone radio.

Get something like this JBL flip bluetooth speaker and play music of your phone. The quality is good and there's more volume then you will ever want in a van.

JBL_FlipEssential_Hero_005_x1.png

The jbl speakers are good, I have the charge 3, I'm thinking of getting the jbl tuner 2. Dab radio/Bluetooth speaker in 1.

Thanks for all your comments . Had a look around and liked the JBL 2 so bought it . Have been using in the house whilst waiting for the Cali to arrive. Really enjoying, easy to use and the sound is good for me.

We have a JBL too, we originally thought we we just keep it in the van but we were so impressed that we have brought it in the house. Great for when doing housework because you can move it from room to room. It has a long lasting charge too.

Back