Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Please help ! Fridge shutting off

L

Lesley54

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi it's our first time out and we have a problem.
We are not hooked up to the battery but have 90 % left.
Every time we turn the coobox on it switches itself off, and we have food, and beverage in there !
Can anyone advise us please.
Everything else's is working perfectly.

Every time we turn the coobox on it switches itself off, and we have food, and beverage in there !

Just about to post the same thread. Three times mine has turned off and caught me out. I dont know what the voltage was but can only assume high as nothing used and been on some long journeys. Today linked up solar panels so watch this space. Still strange as I have never had the fridge on for long before its gone off and from other threads I am reading the battery should support around 3 days without solar or a hook up.

Any ideas?

Just about to post the same thread. Three times mine has turned off and caught me out. I dont know what the voltage was but can only assume high as nothing used and been on some long journeys. Today linked up solar panels so watch this space. Still strange as I have never had the fridge on for long before its gone off and from other threads I am reading the battery should support around 3 days without solar or a hook up.

Any ideas?
Yes, check the Control Panel for any Diagnostic Codes.

Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Press L lower button to switch Control Panel Off. Wait 30 secs and press L lower button to switch Control panel On

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.

Try Fridge.

Well I didnt do anything except install solar panels. No issue since and must say, having cold drinks in the fridge all the way to southern Spain is superb.

I presume, as there have been no further posts on this problem, it was a non-problem rectified by reading the Manual.
I wish people would ' close the loop ' so to speak, and let the Forum know if and how their problem was fixed, especially if members have offered advice.
We are a self-help group after all.:thumb

Probaly to be continued....:D

I presume, as there have been no further posts on this problem, it was a non-problem rectified by reading the Manual.
I wish people would ' close the loop ' so to speak, and let the Forum know if and how their problem was fixed, especially if members have offered advice.
We are a self-help group after all.:thumb
Hi,
I can only apologise for not replying before now and I am not sure what you mean when you say ' close the loop '.
We had our problem with the fridge back in June and I checked the site for days.
Somehow it righted itself !
It has been a massive learning curve for us and I have found out so much information on this site, we are so grateful.
The dealership has proved useless and the manual is not all that clear.
I only found out how to reset the tyre pressure due to reading on this site.
Sorry once again , I will always return to report the outcome, on this occasion I am not sure how it was rectified.

I had my fridge go off a couple of times, in my case it was because the control unit had crashed/reset. I noticed that the fridge light was off, pressed the bottom left control button to see the status and saw the vw logo as it booted up. I han't got to the bottom of the circumstances why the CP stopped but if its left alone its fine.

Hi,
I can only apologise for not replying before now and I am not sure what you mean when you say ' close the loop '.
We had our problem with the fridge back in June and I checked the site for days.
Somehow it righted itself !
It has been a massive learning curve for us and I have found out so much information on this site, we are so grateful.
The dealership has proved useless and the manual is not all that clear.
I only found out how to reset the tyre pressure due to reading on this site.
Sorry once again , I will always return to report the outcome, on this occasion I am not sure how it was rectified.
Thank you. By ' close the loop ' I meant letting the Forum know how the problem was resolved.
There are lots of threads where someone reports a problem. Members give advice and then Silence. We never know if the advice was useful or useless or how the problem was fixed.

Yes, check the Control Panel for any Diagnostic Codes.

Check Control Panel Diagnostics.

Press L lower button to switch Control Panel Off. Wait 30 secs and press L lower button to switch Control panel On

Press and Hold R lower button and then press Control Knob for 5 secs.

New Hidden Menu . Scroll to VW Diagnostics.

If there are any codes shown, take note and then Reset/Clear.

Return to Main Menu.

Switch Off Control Panel using L lower button. Wait 30 secs and Switch On.

Try Fridge.
Thank you for this advice, it worked and rectified the problem we had with the refrigeration box turning itself off. We've had our California for +6 years and are still learning and finding very useful advice on these discussion threads, much appreciated!

Back