Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ploče Ferry

RichardH

RichardH

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi. Has anyone taken the Ploče ferry recently, to get around that inconvenient strip of Bosnia that separates northern Croatia from the southern part of the country? My Saga insurance excludes Bosnia and they won't add it as an extra. I know that it's possible to buy insurance at the border, but I'll bet it's not much good for anything more than third party claims so a skip to the peninsula seems preferable. Are reservations needed on the ferries or is it OK just to turn up?

You don't need reservation for ferry . It is shortest route to peljesac and Korcula island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't need reservation for ferry . It is shortest route to peljesac and Korcula island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's really helpful. Cheers, Richard.

Thanks. That's really helpful. Cheers, Richard.
Thanks again for the advice which was spot on. We used that route in both directions without problems and we're pleased that it took us to a very nice part of Croatia en route to Dubrovnik without Bosnia SAGA insurance issues. The timetable is available online. Buying a ticket in advance doesn't mean that you will certainly get a place on a particular sailing - better just to turn up early and stake a place in the queue before going to the ticket booth. Having done this ferry first we realised what good value they are, so went on to visit a few more islands. The same procedure applied - just turn up. The ferries were sometimes nearly full, but no-one was turned away (May 2017). I guess there's more pressure in high season but there are also more frequent sailings. Incidentally the standard at most of the camp sites we visited was very high. Immaculate washrooms etc. We didn't see anyone rough camping. Lots of places where ACSI discount applies.