Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

POI's and Wild camping

Bajers

Bajers

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All,
I have just subscribed to a site recommended to me called 'Wildcamping.co.uk'. Don't know if anyone is aware of it, but it has a large database of 'wild camps', pub stops, taps and toilets, UK wide and including France and Spain.
I downloaded these files to my pc and uploaded them as gpx. files to VW's Car-Net site, connected the van to the Car-Net site via my home wireless router and downloaded all these files onto the vans sat nav as 'My POI's'.
Bit of a faff, but they all appear on the sat nav in area order now and its a simple matter of highlighting one, starting navigation and the system plots the route to that destination.
Not sure if it has been covered here before, but seems quite useful.
Will see how it goes over the next few weeks.

That’s brilliant I hope I’m able to do it as simply as you made it sound

Let us know how you find them. I found them a bit hit or miss but there are some good ones on there. Just always be mindful of safety and use your own common sense and you will be good. I would also say have a look at Park4Night app too which has a lot of stopover spots but not as convenient as being on the in vehicle satnav.

I’ve found quite a large number of the park4night recommendations have now banned overnight stops. Probably due to the apps popularity. I traveled Uk for 8 months last year and used the app a lot but an ever increasing number of spots were now forbidden.

I’ve found quite a large number of the park4night recommendations have now banned overnight stops. Probably due to the apps popularity. I traveled Uk for 8 months last year and used the app a lot but an ever increasing number of spots were now forbidden.
Probably due to many chancers taking the p.....

Back