Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Police in France

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Just driven up from the Pyrenees to an Aire near Le Mans and never seen so many police out and about. Usually never see any at all.
Definitely speedtrapping. Saw a completely unmarked car with the boot open with tripod and camera. Motorbike cops down the road . Guess they may also be expecting yellow vest problems.

We've often seen them keeping themselves very busy with speed trap...

Having to be careful to keep to the 80kph limit. Very easy to go fast on these great roafs.

Just paid my latest French fine. Cheers DVLA.

Just paid my latest French fine. Cheers DVLA.
Yep. Caught in September last year....

But you do get more time than if you've transgressed than in Italy to pay the lower rate.

If the sun is out they sure are more active....:D

Me too last year. Relieved of 90 euros on the spot. No DVLA involvement though. That's why I'm trying to be very careful now. Lot of the drivers here don't seem to be worried about it though and have noticed a lot of speed cameras out if action. Could be that they have been vandalised.

Me too last year. Relieved of 90 euros on the spot. No DVLA involvement though. That's why I'm trying to be very careful now. Lot of the drivers here don't seem to be worried about it though and have noticed a lot of speed cameras out if action. Could be that they have been vandalised.
Probably target Visitors rather than the Locals.

When we did our first trip through France a good few years ago a lot of the speed traps in the smaller villages appeared to have bullet holes in them either that or spray painted over..

Lot of the drivers here don't seem to be worried about it though and have noticed a lot of speed cameras out if action. Could be that they have been vandalised.
I've seen loads of the fixed cameras vandalised, it started
when the yellow vest brigade began.
I don't mind it. :Stig:Stig:Stig

Speeding fine Bingo anyone?
How many countries? UK doesn’t count.

Been riding bikes and driving cars (including some fast cars and some very fast bikes) for 48 years. Never had a speeding ticket (touch wood). Been stopped a few times, but always got away with it somehow!

Of course.
+1 for me in Sydney. Correctly addressed to Home, courtesy of DVLA or it could be the Landing Card. Pay on-Line 3 months leeway before it doubled.

NL
D
F

Could've been 4 with Ireland as we speeded past a hidden Garda car and it took him
a couple of miles to catch up, he pulled us and then we had a bit of craic, he then
recommended a nearby pub for good food.
His parting words were ´for fecks sake stick to the limit´

Just received my first speeding fine in 45 years of driving, 86 kph in an 80 kph still love France !!

All good. Keep em coming.

France x 2
Luxembourg x 1
Austria x 1
Italy x 2 *

* Let off both times. Presented Ferrari work pass as ID. “forza Kimi. Vai tranquila.”

.....oh, forgot Belgium

Was held in a German prison cell for two hours after being stopped in a convoy of cars on a rally across Europe. Ended up paying 100 euros and they gave all the drivers a letter that they could show if we were stopped again in Germany to say we had already had our knuckles wrapped.

Not speeding but amusing. Many years ago our sales director was on holiday in California and got a ticket for parking. Turned up at court the next morning as he was adamant that he was not committing an offence. The judge said "but Mr S, you parked more than 18 inches from the kerb which is an offence here." Mr S said no definitely not whereupon the judge said well you were parked on the wrong side of the road so you were actually about 30ft from the kerb. All ended happily and Mr S was let off.

Back