Polish Insurance Claim

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Following an incident in Swidnica, 11 August 2017, and a rapid and competent police response issuing me with a letter following their investigation finding the other party 100% responsible for the crash (dated 5 December 2017), I've just received this from my insurer.

=====

Incident Date: 11 August 2017

We refer to the above incident.

We have been advised by our agent Dekra that under polish law they require a copy of
your V5 log book in order for reimbursement of our outlay to be made.

Please forward a copy of the above document in early course.

=====

How can it take over two years for such a simple matter to be settled!?

Details of the crash here (post 255):

Following an incident in Swidnica, 11 August 2017, and a rapid and competent police response issuing me with a letter following their investigation finding the other party 100% responsible for the crash (dated 5 December 2017), I've just received this from my insurer.

=====

Incident Date: 11 August 2017

We refer to the above incident.

We have been advised by our agent Dekra that under polish law they require a copy of
your V5 log book in order for reimbursement of our outlay to be made.

Please forward a copy of the above document in early course.

=====

How can it take over two years for such a simple matter to be settled!?

Details of the crash here (post 255):
Are you trying to say that Insurance Companies should be more efficient/quicker than Parliament?;)

Are you trying to say that Insurance Companies should be more efficient/quicker than Parliament?;)
Yes - fault had been determined by 5 December 2017 following a police investigation, and giving the other party 7 days to contest the findings.

Insurance can take an extremely long time even after fault is acknowledged. If you are dealing with a collision in another country this can be even longer due to the differences in requirements for insurance in either country. Insurance within the collision world really is a complex environment made so by the companies themselves simply to save the most amount of money they can during a payout.

Claim now settled after two and a half years. I received a £400 cheque in the post this morning for my excess.

Now I need to remember how to pay a cheque into my bank account - I don’t think I have a paying in book!

With some accounts (hsbc) you can just take a photo of the cheque and then upload it using your bank app.

D0FA71FB-9828-4F75-9D4F-71DDA439FD9F.png

With some accounts (hsbc) you can just take a photo of the cheque and then upload it using your bank app.

Wow! Things have changed. I was expecting to have to visit my branch at the very least.

Joint account is Santander
Personal ACC is Lloyds
Business ACC is TSB

And guess what... Lloyds accepts cheque deposits by scan.

That saves at least 30 minutes of my life.

Wow! Things have changed. I was expecting to have to visit my branch at the very least.

Personal ACC is Lloyds
Business ACC is TSB

Can you give any clues to the passwords and pin numbers
that you use, just to fill in the final picture that you've shown on this
public forum.

Why would you post that, you're not chatting to your friends.
Well, in a cyber way maybe.

Can you give any clues to the passwords and pin numbers
that you use, just to fill in the final picture that you've shown on this
public forum.

Think about it - those are just three bank names, with millions of customers. Don't think anything confidential has been released there. What can you do with bank names?

Personal ACC is Lloyds
Business ACC is TSB

well, that's polished that off.

I was hoping someone would tell me it was possible with one of those banks, but after I listed the banks and before posting I opened the banking app and worked out how to do it.

Back