Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Polish,Wax,Autoglym...

B

bournemouthbeach

VIP Member
Evening Chaps

Had our Beach for nearly 2 weeks and as we use daily needs a wash and its first Polish... :D

So 2 bucket it is but just not sure what polish, was thinking Super resin AG then HD wax....

I see Zaino Z5 Pro has been used??

Im not ocd by any means but want to look after Jed best as possible...

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Shaun, hope you are well.

I thought I better break the deathly silence on this post but unfortunately I can't provide any advice on polish etc . Just make sure you hose it down well before washing and use the two bucket method to reduce the chance of "swirls" and scratches on that dark paintwork.
Blackberry looks fantastic when clean but you should have persuaded her to go with the Natural Grey. :lol:
Happy cleaning.
Cheers,
Bill

PS did you have to chase Gary for a build date or did he call you?

I used a turtle wax designed for new paint - doesn't contain polishing compounds, just the waxes. I was very impressed but am no expert on the subject. It's called Platinum Series Protective Extra Gloss.

surfbus said:
Hi Shaun, hope you are well.

I thought I better break the deathly silence on this post but unfortunately I can't provide any advice on polish etc . Just make sure you hose it down well before washing and use the two bucket method to reduce the chance of "swirls" and scratches on that dark paintwork.
Blackberry looks fantastic when clean but you should have persuaded her to go with the Natural Grey. :lol:
Happy cleaning.
Cheers,
Bill

PS did you have to chase Gary for a build date or did he call you?

Cheers Bill... :D

Two bucket it is, Merino wool wash mitts are awesome must have along with Micro fibre drying towel...

Got some AG HD wax coming having read some good reviews on it...

Just one other the hand book says not to polish unless the paint is dull...

So just wax is required going for to coats.... :D

Can't wait it will look so good.... :bananadance

Cheers

Shaun

Hi Shaun, how did your Blackberry wash and wax go? My husband went with my favourite colour too and I think you have him a bit concerned, he's been watching videos of how to get rid of swirls on dark cars and we don't even get the Blackberry Cali for another couple of months! :lol:

Zaino Z5 is very good.

My current "tactic" is:

Get van serviced - have dealer wash the van and trash the paint, demand a full stage on machine polish, have it done, have very shiny paintwork with no scratches at all.

I'm getting VERY good results on the car with Dodo Supernatural Hybrid too - it's a wax and sealant in one pot.

KernowLad said:
Zaino Z5 is very good.

My current "tactic" is:

Get van serviced - have dealer wash the van and trash the paint, demand a full stage on machine polish, have it done, have very shiny paintwork with no scratches at all.

I'm getting VERY good results on the car with Dodo Supernatural Hybrid too - it's a wax and sealant in one pot.

That Dodo SN Hybrid gets some good writeups. May even give it a go on my Cali. When I actually get round to washing it !

Looby said:
Hi Shaun, how did your Blackberry wash and wax go? My husband went with my favourite colour too and I think you have him a bit concerned, he's been watching videos of how to get rid of swirls on dark cars and we don't even get the Blackberry Cali for another couple of months! :lol:

Hi Looby

Not waxed yet weather not been good enough...

Get your husband to buy a Merin Wool wash mitt and two buckets also a micro fibre drying cloth there better than chamois.

I used Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Shampoo excellent stuff and JED looks stunning even after just a wash.

Cheers

Shaun

I would recommend go to the polished bliss website and email them via their contact page with the vehicle colour and ask them for advice.

I've bought various products from them in the past and they know their stuff and can recommend a variety of products to achieve varying finishes that will best suit the colour.

I've tended to take note of kernowlad in the past and used zaino z5 pro on his recommendation and had excellent results with it.
Probably only got enough left for one more application so am looking at other products now, just looked up the dodo supernatural hybrid and see it's £30 for a 100ml tub!! How long would that last, one application?

Freeley said:
I've tended to take note of kernowlad in the past and used zaino z5 pro on his recommendation and had excellent results with it.
Probably only got enough left for one more application so am looking at other products now, just looked up the dodo supernatural hybrid and see it's £30 for a 100ml tub!! How long would that last, one application?

Wow, you almost read my mind! It's absolutely BRILLIANT. Very easy to apply and it works for months and months.

Results so far:

P1020895.jpg

P1020563.jpg

I've done the car twice and the van once - I still have half a tub left (at least).

GET SOME!!!

I use UAS CAR CARE Wild Cherry Neutral Shampoo 20150912_143010.jpg

Hi Daz60, I love the grille details on the front of your Cali with the red, where did you get them or did you do them yourself? I've been looking for something like this for ages????

My son uses Meguires, wash, foam, wax

How often depends on how often he needs a babysitter :D

Back