Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poll - Where are you heading on the 4th July?

What are you doing on July 4th?

• Going on holiday straight away

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • Staying at home until after school holidays

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Waiting to see how bad it gets

Votes: 42 39.3%

• Total voters
We are off to my parents' second home on the edge of Chichester Harbour on the 3rd (boys have no school on Fridays), but we shall make sure we don't go to bed until after midnight to comply with the regulations. ;)
And the au pair, does she still need picking up? Asking for a friend.;)

We will be on our way back from Switzerland on the 4th July having thoroughly enjoyed 10 days of sun, rain, thunder, warmth, mountains, wild camping, mountain biking and above all, being away from the nonsense in . We were ready to 14 day isolate when we got home but Now highly unlikely to be required.
We are probably the Cali pioneers of post C19 interstellar travel. We have found the natives totally friendly and welcoming and no problems whatsoever. They are all out in their Calis and Big Whites but completely sensible about SD ETC.
Let me encourage anyone who is hesitant about coming out here. In All they have been is friendly and welcoming so do not hold back. Probably no more costly than staying in Blighty and far more space and comfort! They are far less up tight than the UK has been about C19. It is great being in a ‘normal’ environment.
This is what I have heard ('being less tight') from friends and work colleagues in France and Germany. But then again Europeans are more enlightened than your average 'Brit'!!

Nowhere, have to wait another week for 3 weeks off: Plan is Germany, Austria and Slovenia.

Crossed from Italy to France on Friday, Cuneo to Barcelonnette in France as expected no one a the border, presently at Lac de St Croix, Verdon Gorge, everywhere no drama, no crowds, beaches normal for this time of year, social distancing is practiced without complaints.
When I look at what is happening in my home country WTF is happening, Covid19 is not going away anytime soon, vaccine is coming sometime... how long to produce in qty and how long to roll out to 7billion? They are still working on a better vaccine for SARS, having live in a SARS infected area and suffered mild effects I have given up on expecting to be tested and receiving a vaccine and it was years ago and it’s the same family as Covid19.
If some start acting sensibly maybe they let you guys out...

Sorry to rant but...

ferry on Tuesday night, driving to a friends empty villa in the spanish Pyrenees for 10 night, and 9 days quad biking, Staying away from everyone.

I see Camping in the Forest, who run the Glenmore site near Aviemore have decided to keep all of their sites closed for 2020.

One night in the Yorkshire Dales on a camp site to see how we feel and if people keep their distance.

I'm another who would have been at Camper Jam! Instead I am having Garden Jam .. may even win the show n shine!!!!;)
Judging by the hordes at local country parks and nice places round here (Leics) and what we've seen on the beaches everywhere will be just crowded out...friends in Cornwall getting worried about the coming mass invasion by the millions who used to fly off for hols ...so I will stay put
but I am one of those lucky to live rural with a big garden and walk into open country just over the road....
but I am looking fwd to going to a planned Split Bus Club meet in big open field campsite mid Aug just 5 miles away ..twill be small but not camping over though!!!!

Crossed from Italy to France on Friday, Cuneo to Barcelonnette in France as expected no one a the border, presently at Lac de St Croix, Verdon Gorge, everywhere no drama, no crowds, beaches normal for this time of year, social distancing is practiced without complaints.
When I look at what is happening in my home country WTF is happening, Covid19 is not going away anytime soon, vaccine is coming sometime... how long to produce in qty and how long to roll out to 7billion? They are still working on a better vaccine for SARS, having live in a SARS infected area and suffered mild effects I have given up on expecting to be tested and receiving a vaccine and it was years ago and it’s the same family as Covid19.
If some start acting sensibly maybe they let you guys out...

Sorry to rant but...
That will never happen in the U.K. I’m afraid!

We got the 20-50 ferry from Calais
It was 20% loaded, load of social distancing, had to wear face masks, no problem with that, 16 hours drive just stopping for food and fuel to the Spanish Pyrenees , People do seem to moving about, we called into Figueres for supplies, Masks worn in all shops,
All good and no quarantine when we get back to the UK.

Spotted an english A4 today packed up to the rafters on their
way to swiss austria or beyond.
My first thought was ooooeww stay away from me. :)

I'm another who would have been at Camper Jam! Instead I am having Garden Jam .. may even win the show n shine!!!!;)
Judging by the hordes at local country parks and nice places round here (Leics) and what we've seen on the beaches everywhere will be just crowded out...friends in Cornwall getting worried about the coming mass invasion by the millions who used to fly off for hols ...so I will stay put
but I am one of those lucky to live rural with a big garden and walk into open country just over the road....
but I am looking fwd to going to a planned Split Bus Club meet in big open field campsite mid Aug just 5 miles away ..twill be small but not camping over though!!!!
Our friends in Cornwall are big outdoorsy surfer dudes, but them and their mates are thinking of boarding up their windows and doors and installing zoom on their computers.

Should have been at camper jam but instead going to be moving my boiler To the part built new extension from under the stairs to allow for a new downstairs wc to be fitted (no it’s not a thetford 335). While Mrs gas gets her hair done. That’s a real come down from what would have been our first camper jam

Bit dystopian, but valid point.

One more sleep.

One more sleep.

We’ve arrived already, but will be trying to stay awake until 00:01 to remain within regulations.

fd5b93dcf130a8899c62cc7928b6901f.jpg

Harting Down

One more sleep.
I was a teenager in the early 70's! Orwell's 1984 and Huxley's Brave New World were on my personal reading list (as well as the school's). If I'd have had a campervan then I'd have gone camping to Deepest Dystopia on holiday.

Some of the places I've lived and the jobs I've done have lent themselves to a dystopian leaning too. When I'm cleaning or feeling a bit "ARGHHHHH", I still crank the volume up and rock out to Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Bang, the greatest hits, especially Two Tribes.

I was a teenager in the early 70's! Orwell's 1984 and Huxley's Brave New World were on my personal reading list (as well as the school's). If I'd have had a campervan then I'd have gone camping to Deepest Dystopia on holiday.

Some of the places I've lived and the jobs I've done have lent themselves to a dystopian leaning too. When I'm cleaning or feeling a bit "ARGHHHHH", I still crank the volume up and rock out to Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Bang, the greatest hits, especially Two Tribes.
Mate of mine was Holly Johnson's teacher, can't believe Mr J is 60.

Back