Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

pop top cover and windscreen cover

C

cali-o!

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Any advice on buying pop top and windscreen covers, your experience and recommendation would be helpful,
Thank you.

I can’t give you any advice on the pop top cover but I can on the screen cover.
We have one from Olpro and the fit is good and darkens out the cab very well. It’s a bit bulky but that is because of the isolation. When not in use weleave it on the bed in the roof.

Can recommend below windscreen cover ( we have an isotop so need need for roof cover):

Any advice on buying pop top and windscreen covers, your experience and recommendation would be helpful,
Thank you.
I can certainly recommend ‘Silver Screens’ for the wrap around screen cover. Superb quality, have been going for years. I have the model with the ‘pull down’ Velcro flap on the screen section. Very useful to allow more daylight in. See attached pic below for details.CE57E1EB-6604-430C-83A5-6491731ACCDF.png

We bought our windscreen cover from Rainbow screens. It’s good quality, but I think he’s a one man band so he had a bit of a waiting list last time we enquired. We bought our pop top cover from a company called Polar screens, near Sheffield. We drove up in the van, he took the measurements and said come back in a couple of hours. The screen was made up in the meantime and was ready as promised 2 hours later. Substantially cheaper than Rainbow screens too. I think the topper cover was £150. Rainbow were quoting nearly £300.

I use the external ones for winter.

IMG_20200221_153452.jpg

Thank you.
The first question is Why?
Keeping the canvas dry as you can't pop the roof at home to dry it?
Insulation?
Condensation?
Light?
All year round use?

We use ours in the summer to keep the light out and in winter for insulation. We’ve slept in the top bed in temps below freezing with the topper on and had a good night‘s sleep.

We use ours in the summer to keep the light out and in winter for insulation. We’ve slept in the top bed in temps below freezing with the topper on and had a good night‘s sleep.
But you could use an Internal Topper for that reason. Fit and Forget.

Thank you.
We looked at various toppers for the pop top and ended up buying the Pucer screen, which wraps around the bellows. We are delighted with it and think it's a great product. Very easy to fit and remove - 2 minute job. Light and easy to store in it's handy bag. Keeps the bellows dry. Makes the upstairs bed warmer in cold weather, cooler in hot weather and stops the light waking you up too early in the morning. Allows the option of roof box or solar panel. Also cheaper and better value than other toppers

We bought our windscreen cover from Rainbow screens. It’s good quality, but I think he’s a one man band so he had a bit of a waiting list last time we enquired. We bought our pop top cover from a company called Polar screens, near Sheffield. We drove up in the van, he took the measurements and said come back in a couple of hours. The screen was made up in the meantime and was ready as promised 2 hours later. Substantially cheaper than Rainbow screens too. I think the topper cover was £150. Rainbow were quoting nearly £300.
Whereabouts in Sheffield? I live in Doncaster so its not far from me

Got both mine from Rainbow Screens and pleased with them. Keeps heat in when needed. Keeps heat out when needed. Keeps light out and screen cover folds down so doesn’t need to be removed to let light in. Good quality, easy to put up (screen cover 1 person , topper can be done with 1 but far easier with 2). 1985D451-0A43-4516-8563-06EA7BD0EE7B.jpeg

A Silver screens front screen has served us well for 8 years. I bought mine as a “second” quality from someone on eBay meaning it was a bit wrinkled. It has worked well in both hot and cold environments.

A camper cosy from Khyam has been OK. For as often as we used it and the space it takes up, I wouldn’t buy one.

We looked at various toppers for the pop top and ended up buying the Pucer screen, which wraps around the bellows. We are delighted with it and think it's a great product. Very easy to fit and remove - 2 minute job. Light and easy to store in it's handy bag. Keeps the bellows dry. Makes the upstairs bed warmer in cold weather, cooler in hot weather and stops the light waking you up too early in the morning. Allows the option of roof box or solar panel. Also cheaper and better value than other toppers
Can one person fit this on their own?

Can one person fit this on their own?
Yes I can fit and remove on my own, but obviously quicker and easier with two. You wrap it round the bellows and simply secure it at the back with supplied bungee with hooks through a reinforced eyelet on each side. No faffing!

Can recommend below windscreen cover ( we have an isotop so need need for roof cover):

This looks very good. I have rain deflectors on my Cali - would this fit OK over them?

I can certainly recommend ‘Silver Screens’ for the wrap around screen cover. Superb quality, have been going for years. I have the model with the ‘pull down’ Velcro flap on the screen section. Very useful to allow more daylight in. See attached pic below for details.View attachment 66575
Can also recommend Silver Screens, we have one of their screens and it is very well made and fits very nicely. Only one we’ve had though so unable to compare.
Same for the Rainbow Pop Top Cover, bought nearly new from a fellow VWCC member and can”t imagine being without it - fits really snugly - blackout in the summer, insulating in the cooler months.

Back