Pop up roof external covers

Shire Cali

Shire Cali

Shire Cali
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi

I'm looking at buying an external pop roof cover for my Cali. The website shop sells the comfortz.
Can anyone recommend it or are there better ones out there.

Cheers

Hi

I'm looking at buying an external pop roof cover for my Cali. The website shop sells the comfortz.

Cheers

Used for about 150 nights in the past 11 months. Some minor signs of wear such as stitching of Velcro coming undone. All repairable. Also issues with seams filling with water due to seams not being taped. I've put a couple of drainage holes in the seams and that helps, but not a perfect fix.

Having said all that, the benefits far outweigh the minor issues.

5 minutes to fit solo with practice.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I've just bought one which arrived today. Very promt service which is always a positive, I only ordered Monday evening.
But I have a question....
I bought it for 2 reasons. To keep the rain off the bellows and to help with thermal insulation. How effective is it with the latter?

I've just bought one which arrived today. Very promt service which is always a positive, I only ordered Monday evening.
I bought it for 2 reasons. To keep the rain off the bellows and to help with thermal insulation. How effective is it with the latter?

A very noticeable difference if you are using the heater. It substantially reduces condensation and virtually eliminates drafts.

During warm dry nights it is best left off.

Wow.. Mostly precautionary or really needed that much? I'm also humming and hawing about which one, if any, to get.

We were in the arctic for summer and Southern Europe for winter. Night time temperatures have been ~10 degrees throughout our tour with considerable variation

I camp in Snowdonia all the year round and use it in the colder months to form an insulation layer for the upper bed. I find it works well and keeps it warmer up there when the temp is -4C or lower. As @Amarillo says, with a bit of practice you can put in on in a few minutes by yourself. Easier with 2 though. I bought it to keep the rain off the canvas as drying it off at home is not easy, but was pleased to find the dual function. As Tom says, on warm nights, it is probably best left off.

Funny - all this chat about toppers. They didn't exist when I bought my Cali in 2008. I bought and fitted a Branderup Gore-tex liner, and it's absolutely fantastic. You don't need to unhook it when you lower the roof, and it keeps out the worst of the winds and moisture. Doesn't get clammy inside. It's probably no match for an external topper in really cold climates or severe weather, but it's just the job for your average UK camper.

Funny - all this chat about toppers. They didn't exist when I bought my Cali in 2008. I bought and fitted a Branderup Gore-tex liner, and it's absolutely fantastic. You don't need to unhook it when you lower the roof, and it keeps out the worst of the winds and moisture. Doesn't get clammy inside. It's probably no match for an external topper in really cold climates or severe weather, but it's just the job for your average UK camper.
Totally agree , T6 canvas repells water very well , isotop liner just stays in place all time , excellent isolation, excellent ventilation (same windows as roof canvas) , perfect darkness ..
Used it at temperatures down to -7°C so far (no heater on at night) sleeping upstairs. The only moment I wish for external topper is at snowfall , it takes some time to remove all snow before lowering the roof .

Never used ours since fitting the Comfortz Cali Cosi over three years ago. Makes it lighter inside in the day and darker when you want to sleep. Definitely works fairly well as a thermal barrier as well and no faff taking it on and off.

Hi

Cheers
Hi
I'm in the same position and after much deliberation have just ordered the Comfortz topper, can't wait to get out and try it!
I'll report back

Concierge Camping last weekend -2 outside and toasty on the inside. Comfortz topper and Comfortz windscreen cover.

8D06EC0D-473C-4FAB-80B7-9889911947AE.jpeg

Great Thanks, looks good. Does your topper have windows with zip up covers or is it a windowless one?

Do the toppers with windows have zip covers to close off and incorporate complete darkness, the photos do not show it clearly

The Comfortz Topper has a plastic window in line with each of the windows in the bellows. You wouldn't be able to shut a window cover in the Cali Topper as there is no way to get your hand through the gauze netting on the bellows windows.

Thanks, blatantly obvious now youve pointed it out!! I Haven't had my roof up all winter and completely forgot about that.