Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Potti Stand

devon_matt

devon_matt

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hey Everyone,

We have a thetford porta potti 365, however following a recent knee operation, my wife is struggling to bend down low enough to use it...

Does anyone know of any stands or risers available for it (not keen on the metal ones with handles) before I try and make one?

Thanks

Matt

I have 2 Knee replacements, (Mis-spent youth playing Rugby) ----- One of my best purchases ever was from Amazon, (though currently out of stock):
+ Use as step for getting in/out of van
+ Lifting bikes onto Rack
+ Cleaning Windscreen etc.
+ Stable base for Porta Potti
Adjustable Aluminium Single Step (Folding Platform Caravan Portable Motorhome Lightweight)
Highly recommend, I know other people sell them, check them out
U

Thanks @brianpilk ! I new there must be something that others use.

Found this one -https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TBP1R8Z/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_JV34A7MRT0A7D2KS18EM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Just about the right size, give or take 10-15mm in one direction!

Thanks again,

Matt

My solution is to use one of those strong plastic storage boxes - turn it upside down, potti on top - perfect height. Works fine in a toilet tent, maybe not so well inside a Cali. Usually have one or two of those boxes in the back of the Cali anyway with stuff that we'd take out and use while camping. The potti also sits nicely inside the moulded 'feet' of the box so no danger of it slipping off while in use!

Thanks @brianpilk ! I new there must be something that others use.

Found this one -https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TBP1R8Z/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_JV34A7MRT0A7D2KS18EM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Just about the right size, give or take 10-15mm in one direction!

Thanks again,

Matt
That's the one, looks like back in stock again. I did look at plastic boxes but given my weight gave them a swerve!

18 litre Really Useful Box is 20cm tall. I use one under our Thetford 335. You can fill it with your stuff so you’re not wasting space with an empty box.

5FDB1E1F-F72B-4C0F-BF10-4C22BCB86717.jpeg

Allibert grey boxes are strong enough upside down, use one regularly to stand on.
We bought a 365 porta potti for the height

Back