Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Potti

D

Dave Wickham

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, Can anyone suggest the best porta potti for a California 2019 Ocean, for use by 2 adults. ideally that fits in one of the cupboards? Or are they for use only in an external awning? Thanks

We have a Thetford Porta Potti cube 335. We brought a Thetford bag and it is stored below the parcel shelf when travelling. I believe it will also fit below the shelf in the Kitchen cupboard under the sink. We don’t use it in the van, but I have seen some threads on here where people do - a bit tight for space for those sleeping downstairs, but apparently doable. Obviously easier for those who sleep up top. Mrs C tends to use it at night in the awning, but I prefer to use the site facilities whenever possible.

Hi all, Can anyone suggest the best porta potti for a California 2019 Ocean, for use by 2 adults. ideally that fits in one of the cupboards? Or are they for use only in an external awning? Thanks

Just ordered a Thetford 335 ourselves. Only £67 on Amazon at the moment. You can buy the kit to store it neatly under the kitchen sink on the club shop but as we’ve just ditched a driveaway awning in favour of a pop up shelter we’ll use the space under the shelf.

Fiamma Bi Pot. Big/high enough to be comfy. Large opening for clog free emptying (so you can use proper loo roll). Stores under rear shelf (not keen on stowing in with my food). We tend to use with a toilet tent.

Dometic is better made than Porta Potti, imo, BUT is just a little bit too big to go in the cupboard with the food!!!!!
We tested it at one of the motorhome shows. Yes, we actually did sit-on tests in public, trousers up though, how anal is that !! and decided the Dometic was the most comfortable.
It fits under the back shelf with the shelf in the lower position.

Thetford porta potti 335. Fits in the cupboard under the sink. Travels there as well. I didn’t get the kit for making a tray to put it on to slide in and out as manage easily without it.

We have a Thetford 335. Yes a bit tight to use if you are sleeping downstairs but it is doable. fine if you sleep upstairs. Would not recommend if you are four! As for storage it goes under the back shelf (just!) in the boot.
Can be stored in the kitchen cupboard s has been suggested. Have you looked at calicap.de? They sell a tray to keep the potty nice and stable. https://shop.vwcamper.de/zubehoer/sanitaer/411/porta-potti-335-holder
All the best.

Thetford 335. First I had it in the cupboard under the sink. Somehow never comfortable with the thought of what's in it and being close to my cutlery drawer or food.
So I keep it now in the boot adjacent the rear bench. When I am travelling and need to use it, I roll the carpet towards the front seat, I slide the bench all the way forwards against the back of the front seats (front stopper removed) and I have enough room to climb inside behind the rear bench, pull out the 335 and do the biz.

Thetford porta potti 335. Fits in the cupboard under the sink. Travels there as well. I didn’t get the kit for making a tray to put it on to slide in and out as manage easily without it.
agreed.
If we put the drive away awning up, then it goes in the porch area between awning and van.
Works perfect for us.
No spills or smells.

Hi All,
We use a Popaloo. It has a folding base which is strong and stable with powder bags to insert. The toilet seat then fits on the top .The bags contain a special powder that’s absorbs everything !! It’s completely compostable, so very green. You just tie up the bag afterwards and throw away. No chemicals. No water. The powder absorbs it all. It comes with a pop up toilet tent if you don’t have an awning.
The only downside is reordering the powder bags but the company is so quick to send them out. A British company too, with first class customer service . Every purchase contributes to a toilet twinning scheme for some of the worlds poorest communities. It’s one of the best things we’ve bought for our Cali .

We've just received a 335 £67 on Amazon and Kampa Loo Loo tent £29 on Amazon as that seemed to be a good combination with lots of recommendations on here.

Tent bag is smaller than I had imagined and the 335 a little low but should be fine. Both will live in the boot.

Thetford cube 335 and get a storage cube from Dunelm. Toilet fits perfectly underneath the pouf type storage cube and also gives you an extra seat

LOL, we’ve just purchased the exact same from Amazon. Decided once camp sites re open we’d rather be self sufficient and not have to use the facilities on site:thumb Pop up toilet tent is great, takes no room at all and takes seconds to set up.

We have had 2, when we first bought the van we had a dometic which was a complete disaster. Because the tank is constantly under pressure it leaked all over the place.. Then bought a porta potti 335. Absolutely fantastic. No problems whatsoever..My wife made a cover for it which makes it look like a seat.. One important thing I would say is if you go into any mountains whatever you do make sure you release the pressure before you use it otherwise you get covered in whatever you just left in it..Not pleasant...

Has anyone found a seat raiser for the 335? It’s a bit low for us

Has anyone found a seat raiser for the 335? It’s a bit low for us
My Fiamma loo is a bit low (although low is better from a healthy position point of view). I made up a box which the loo can be transported in and when upturned used to sit the loo on, raising it to a conventional toilet height.