Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta potty!!!

R

Richard_O

Hi folks

Ok, does anyone use (not in the literal sense...ahem) a porta potty? When travelling, do they fit under the back seats/bed???

Thanks
Richard :thanks

We use a 335 if we need one, always handy for the middle of the night. :thumb

Especially with three children!

Thanks for the link.

What does a 335 look like?

Richard

Ah ok - just googled the 335. Does it fit under the back seats when travelling?

If you want a porta potti 335 & not in a hurry, keep an eye on ebay cos they do come up every now & then. I bought one for £50 & a toilet tent with a 335 that had never been use for £31. The 335 qube is a just under £100.

The tray is fab and protects the door runners. We didn't by the strap though. We found a velcro handle strap in B&Q for less and seems better quality.

If you want a 335 new the best deal is GoOutdoors. They will beat any online price plus give you a 10% discount. That is how we bought ours. Fab service

Just no...
I couldn’t imagine anything worse than using porta potty things.
What wrong with finding the nearest bush???

Wander round behind a bush in various tourist locations & be wading in used toilet paper & it's not pleasant. People don't stint these days with bog roll. Seen the odd sanitary towel shoved in bushes in the Lakes...

Wander round behind a bush in various tourist locations & be wading in used toilet paper & it's not pleasant. People don't stint these days with bog roll. Seen the odd sanitary towel shoved in bushes in the Lakes...

Yuck! Bog in a bag for me. Couldn't bear the sloshing of the chemicals moving the porta potti from back to front then front to back of the van. Bog in a bag is easily stowed, stable, neat in design and easily disposed of. Brilliant!

Hi. I bought the 335 with the tray and strap from the Club shop: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/thetford-qube-335-porta-potti-package. It fits in the right hand part of the cupboard and fits well on the tray. The one thing that is a bit of a fiddle is moving the shelf to make the space for it. The guide that comes with it talks about drilling new holes and using T5 type shelf supports supplied (there were none, though). Fortunately, there were already pre-drilled holes that were high enough. After taking the four shelf supports off (avoiding levering them at the top to avoid breaking them), I fitted the two on the left. Then I placed the left of the shelf on these, working from below. Once seated there, I pushed up the shelf on the right. Once I was past the right hand side holes and while holding the shelf with one hand, I put each of the supports on that side into their holes. There's space than before on the shelf, but still some available.

Hi. I bought the 335 with the tray and strap from the Club shop: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/thetford-qube-335-porta-potti-package. It fits in the right hand part of the cupboard and fits well on the tray. The one thing that is a bit of a fiddle is moving the shelf to make the space for it. The guide that comes with it talks about drilling new holes and using T5 type shelf supports supplied (there were none, though). Fortunately, there were already pre-drilled holes that were high enough. After taking the four shelf supports off (avoiding levering them at the top to avoid breaking them), I fitted the two on the left. Then I placed the left of the shelf on these, working from below. Once seated there, I pushed up the shelf on the right. Once I was past the right hand side holes and while holding the shelf with one hand, I put each of the supports on that side into their holes. There's space than before on the shelf, but still some available.
Thanks. This info will be very helpful once (if, when) my Cali arrives.

Just no...
I couldn’t imagine anything worse than using porta potty things.
What wrong with finding the nearest bush???
depends where you are parked, if you are remote enough to take a spade and dig a hole good and well but you just cannot poo anywhere you want in the countryside.

depends where you are parked, if you are remote enough to take a spade and dig a hole good and well but you just cannot poo anywhere you want in the countryside.

I take it back...
We now have one :headbang
Although, I still use a bush or my special bottle. The potti has kept peace with the wife, she finds it fantastic for when caught short.

I take it back...
We now have one :headbang
Although, I still use a bush or my special bottle. The potti has kept peace with the wife, she finds it fantastic for when caught short.
We often see men on here boasting of their ability to dump anywhere or use bottles for their little tinkles, my wife would also not consider camping in the great outdoors without a lovely cube, decent of you to reveal your change of heart.