Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portable toilet

L

lr1602

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Does anyone use a Dometic 972 in their Cali? I've been looking at the Thetford 335 but the Dometic looks like a suitable alternative. Does anyone have any comments to make on how one might compare against the other? Thanks.

We have a 972 would recommend it, much better product than the 335.

Thanks Les, what is it about the Dometic that makes it better than the 335 for you?

It just feels much stronger overall and the pressurised flush works very well. We used to keep ours under the rear shelf and bring forward overnight now keep in the living area with a cover we made so can be used a a stool/seat.

Thanks again Les. Although you're not storing it in the cupboard beneath the sink will it fit in there if needs be?

We have not tried it under the sink as we use that for saucepans etc. Our cupboards are currently empty for cleaning so will try it if it stops raining.

I've tried the 972 under the sink today and its too deep to allow the doors to close so if you need to store under sink looks like the 335 is the only option. Personally storing a loo under the sink and cutlery draw doesn't seem right to me.

Back