Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portapotti securing bracket

H

HamishEeyore

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
1593551289617.jpegHas anyone got one of these, to secure the toilet in the space behind the drivers seat, for travelling? We usually carry the 335 in the boot, but if we have a trip on which we need to take more than usual this would enable us to carry things securely. They are expensive though and I haven’t seen this piece of kit referred to on here. Does anyone have any experience to share please? Or knowledge of similar products. Thank you.1593551289617.jpeg

Yes I bought one of these from Maxxcamp along with the cover. It makes carrying the 335 secure and gives peace of mind that the contents are not going to spill out if you need to brake hard or swerve. You do need to drill a small hole in the 335 so that it can be secured to the plate.

Yes I bought one of these from Maxxcamp along with the cover. It makes carrying the 335 secure and gives peace of mind that the contents are not going to spill out if you need to brake hard or swerve. You do need to drill a small hole in the 335 so that it can be secured to the plate.
Thank you Alied. That is very helpful.

This link shows the unit in place - looks very good.

Oh thank you. I hadn’t come across 2 versions. More research!

Where do you drill the hole?

I just use a bungee cord hooked to the driver's seat frame. It's been fine for 3 years and 25000 miles. Including Alpine and Pyreneean passes, dirt roads in Spain and Portugal, Scottish hill tracks.

View attachment 61970Has anyone got one of these, to secure the toilet in the space behind the drivers seat, for travelling? We usually carry the 335 in the boot, but if we have a trip on which we need to take more than usual this would enable us to carry things securely. They are expensive though and I haven’t seen this piece of kit referred to on here. Does anyone have any experience to share please? Or knowledge of similar products. Thank you.View attachment 61970
For us this wouldn’t work when stopped. We’re constantly shifting the loo round in the small space by pushing it along with our feet. I couldn’t be bothered taking out the bracket and putting it back/storing it every time.

I just use a bungee cord hooked to the driver's seat frame. It's been fine for 3 years and 25000 miles. Including Alpine and Pyreneean passes, dirt roads in Spain and Portugal, Scottish hill tracks.

untill the sing hits the fan van :upsidedown

lol, you know what I meant ;-)

anybody else securing the Portapotti behind the front seat with a bungee or other strap? How secure is that please?
Since when i camp the PP is always behind the front right seat, it would make sense to leave it there during travel as well, but it needs securing and don't fancy buying the overpriced bracket..

We shift the loo round all over the place and our carpeting covers the rails, so it would be really awkward for us. For travelling I followed @kurienp ’s advice and bought some Rokstraps. See his post, https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/some-accessories-wanted.36501/post-446696 #8.

The strap can stay permanently attached to the bar under the drivers seat. He puts his strApps round his ottoman box over the loo. I just put mine around the loo and it fitted nicely under the lip half way down, so it really felt secure. The Dunelm ottoman box packs almost flat so is easy to travel with and use when you get there.

The Rock straps are brilliant, well made, robust and very effective.

l’ll try and remember to take a pic.

We shift the loo round all over the place and our carpeting covers the rails, so it would be really awkward for us. For travelling I followed @kurienp ’s advice and bought some Rokstraps. See his post, https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/some-accessories-wanted.36501/post-446696 #8.

The strap can stay permanently attached to the bar under the drivers seat. He puts his strApps round his ottoman box over the loo. I just put mine around the loo and it fitted nicely under the lip half way down, so it really felt secure. The Dunelm ottoman box packs almost flat so is easy to travel with and use when you get there.

The Rock straps are brilliant, well made, robust and very effective.

l’ll try and remember to take a pic.
Thanks Elly , it was a very recent thread, somehow I managed to miss it.. That solves exactly my problem!

I use a laggage strap around the portapotti and behind and around the left-hand sliding door of the kitchen unit. It holds the toilet against the seat and the kitchen cupboard so it doesn't move around when driving. And if you press the catch and slide the door, you can move the portapotti out of the way to get into the cupboard.

Back