Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portsmouth to Spain via T6 Ocean

John Herbert

John Herbert

Once a camper ...
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All
Have given the T6 Ocean a good Spanish run from Bilbao to Altea (Costa Blanca near Benidorm) driving 470 miles on excellent Spanish motor ways (thank you EU or more precisely the UK tax payers) with, and here's what's different and the interesting thing, no traffic lights, no roundabouts, no road works and no traffic jams! Was able to put the DSG and ACC through its paces and to maintain the maximum speed limit the whole way (35.2 mpg). Attached two photos shows an empty Spanish picnic lay by area with my all alone California, whilst stretching my legs, note the waiting cup of tea on the step of the open sliding door .

Only stopped for coffee break, top up the fuel, have a cup of tea brew up, stretch the legs and enjoy a half way 12 Euros three course “menu del dia” but refused (good man) the complimentary bottle of wine. On the Portsmouth to Bilbao ferry found myself parked in front of a super car (see third photo below), can't remember, or pronounce, the name and would not be able to spell it anyway or would I be able to bend down to get into it, nor would I want to swap it for my lovely California!

Did the trip in one go and have now removed the splattered picked up insects and will be in Spain until start of August when returning to the UK to avoid the excessive Spanish summer heat. In the meantime will just have to enjoy the blue skies, blue sea and the warm days and nights. Life is good.

Adios amigos

20170530_111104.jpg

20170530_111133.jpg

20170530_073629.jpg

Could be in Spain today was a non working holliday as it was here in Belgium and therefore less traffic....
Read today some UK members saying it was working day !

Nice photos, nice van. Enjoy the trip! The supercar is just another VW. It's a Lamborghini. They are part of the VW group.

Looks like a Huracan, nice car but can't sleep four in it.

Back