Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portugal

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Where in Portugal are you planning to go...

The Algarve can get very busy. The west coast is lovely and not developed. And up the River Guadiana where I am is superb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bernd,
We have a small place on the East Algarve in Tavira, so usually weekend trips out and about departing from there.
Play a lot of golf on the East Algarve, reasonable courses and not as expensive as the West.

We are hoping to do this in November (the dark blue line). Arrive in Santander and drive down to Nazare stopping for an overnighter somewhere around the midway. Bit of sightseeing and a rest before pushing on to the destination of Nazare. Can anyone recommend some nice places to stop along the route please. Don't mind a free camp or Campsite. Any suggestions of interesting things to check out along the way. Thank you in advance.Santander to Nazare.JPG

We are hoping to do this in November (the dark blue line). Arrive in Santander and drive down to Nazare stopping for an overnighter somewhere around the midway. Bit of sightseeing and a rest before pushing on to the destination of Nazare. Can anyone recommend some nice places to stop along the route please. Don't mind a free camp or Campsite. Any suggestions of interesting things to check out along the way. Thank you in advance.View attachment 35619
Interesting, I thought the Santander Ferry route was suspended over winter. Having seen the damage to the ship and some vehicles after a particularly severe Bay of Biscay storm I've always used the Bilbao Ferry. More like a mini cruise than a mad dash across the Bay.

Brittany Ferries say there new timetable will be out Tuesday next week. If we can't get to Santander we will probably go to Bilbao not a great deal of difference. We had a good experience doing the Plymouth to Santander last time, fingers crossed for another.

Where in Portugal are you planning to go...

The Algarve can get very busy. The west coast is lovely and not developed. And up the River Guadiana where I am is superb.
So very glad I took note of your comment about up the Guardiana!
I’ve just been staying on a new site which is beautiful and has so many walks around it..and 2 beautiful dogs who take you on the walk and lead you back!
Helena and David are so friendly and have a hillside ‘cafe/bar’ on site. She has created everything from nothing…what a lovely peaceful, magical spot!
I walked along the Guardiana yesterday from the site…beautiful
Shalwari Retreat