Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Possible Fuel Shortages in France

Thanks for the tip off - last year I went to the south of France (Nice) via Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy to avoid the French strikes on my way to Corsica. Saw lots of things we hadn't expected/planned for. Great detour!

Not again :mad:. 3 weeks 'till our trip. Hopefully sorted by then.

T
Not again :mad:. 3 weeks 'till our trip. Hopefully sorted by then.
Three weeks to ours too but start in Holland and Belgium - here's hoping.

50 miles of fuel in Dover required next Monday:
https://goo.gl/maps/2GXaRB6rqDU2
Will have no trouble to start with if French strikes go ahead as we will travel Harwich-Hook van Holland. Its when we plan to travel south - Belgium, Paris, Tours, Nantes, Noirmoutier and then on towards Turin we may have a problem......

Have the strikes started and ended? Or are more strikes proposed? All internet searches relate to 2016

Those things happens a few times a year in France , usually last a few days to put some pressure on the governement to get get things done...
Never happend that the whole of France was dry ....still they got plenty wine left....

And Champagne!

While I can't comment for the whole of France, we drove today from Calais to La Rochelle on the west coast and had no problem filling up or finding somewhere to do so.

I dare say that there will be area affected but centrainly from what we saw it wasn't that evident!

And as some people have already mentioned, the wine is more than plentiful :confused:

Back