Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Post January 2021 European travel checks

B J G

B J G

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
May have been previously mentioned but..

From Jan 1st 2021 Passports must have a minimum of 6 months before expiry date at the departure date.

International Driving Licences are required, versions vary with Countries being visited, this was covered on here some time ago.

Main point of this was that when my Wife was checking our Documentation she found that my International Driving Licence had Expired. Further checking showed that my UK Licence had also expired.
Thought this was odd as I'd not seen any renewal notification.

Checking on DVLA site I found that currently the DVLA aren't renewing Licences but giving an automatic extension due To Covid-19 issues. No Documentation issued.

It is possible to do an online renewal if desired, which I have done and will then be able to get the International Licence in preparation for the glorious day when travel can be undertaken again.

I've started a European Driving checklist that may be useful to some but may not be all-inclusive and keep it with my vehicle notebook. If you have any other items, please let me know so I can make it more complete. Thanks.

Attachments

• European Driving Checklist.xlsx
    10.1 KB · Views: 22
You may not need to worry but France has now brought in requirement for winter tyres and, or, snow chains in many regions during winter period.
Was last year but that it will now be enforced with 375 Euro fine.

Back