Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Postage cost of Bellows bungee !!

philosan

philosan

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just decided to order a new bellows bungee as my previous one had lost its elasticity - cost £10.95. Postage £5.99 ! For goodness sake, how can it cost £6 to post a length of elastic attached to a small piece of plastic weighing a few ounces. I can order something from Argos weighing 20+ times more with same day delivery for £3.95. Cali owners it seems are treated as cash cows - if you can afford a Claifornia you don't mind paying £17 for a piece of elasticated string. Wrong !

we send every item via dpd next day delivery it does cost us £5.99 to send we are not ripping you off it will not arrive in an envelope with a stamp on it. this is how we have to do it due to the vast amount of items we send. sorry if that is a problem to you.

Yes, found the delivery cost a bit naff recently on an order totalling £325 and odds. Maybe some FOC delivery would be appreciated by your customers. Quite unusual to be paying for delivery these days. Do all of your customers want want next day delivery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this a new arrangement? I'm sure I wouldn't have paid £5.99 postage when I bought my £2 fuse last year. Far too tight for that!

I was about to buy a Cali cosi (the inner tent thingy) but must admit I was put off by the postage cost.

I was going to buy a new T6 Ocean but when I saw the delivery charges I thought "bugger that! Will wait until I can get one on Amazon prime" :shocked

I was going to buy a cable and didn't due to £25 postage so picked one up locally
It is not unreasonable for online shops to charge for delivery, but the sort of shop I prefer are those which allow you to choose the level of delivery service. If I need something urgently I am happy to pay for next day delivery, but if it is non urgent, Royal Mail 2nd class is perfectly adequate, "signed for" if there is a particular value. It cost me £2.30 recently to post a mobile phone to a client who had left it behind.

I can understand a scenario when I might be perfectly happy to pay £5.99 for the safe delivery of a bellow's bungee (or is that bellows' bungee?), for example if a previous bungee had snapped the day before a big trip. On other occasions, £5.99 might feel excessive.

you were put of buying a cosi because of £5.99 postage ??
I think that above a certain price point - people expect delivery to be included. I would rather postage costs were built into the price of an item like that initially, than see a delivery charge added afterwards. It's a psychological thing.

Yes, found the delivery cost a bit naff recently on an order totalling £325 and odds. Maybe some FOC delivery would be appreciated by your customers. Quite unusual to be paying for delivery these days. Do all of your customers want want next day delivery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just because postage is included doesn't mean your not paying for it!

There's no such thing as a free lunch , as the old saying goes.

I was going to buy a new T6 Ocean but when I saw the delivery charges I thought "bugger that! Will wait until I can get one on Amazon prime" :shocked
You might get quite a few 'Sorry our supplier is out of stock' messages.

Would agree that above a certain price it is now common practice to get free postage but small items can't absorb postage costs so have to be passed on.

2nd class postage on small items is a reasonable postage cost expectation.

I don't mind paying for delivery, as long as it is proportional to the weight/size of the item(s) being ordered. If you're having to charge £5.99 to deliver a piece of shock-cord then your fulfilment operations need a little refining.

you were put of buying a cosi because of £5.99 postage ??
Hmmm ... I have caused a bit of confusion here - the item I was thinking of buying was in fact the brandrup thermolite windscreen and side screen covers. My apologies for that.

However, I could've sworn that when I checked the delivery cost on those items, I think last week, the delivery cost was £25. On checking now I see the price is £5.99, which I think is reasonable. What makes me think I'm not losing my marbles here is that Yorkie makes reference above to delivery costs of £25 for a cable. Perhaps there has been a fault on the shop's system which has now been fixed?

Amazon prime items are now more expensive than none prime ones, amazon are now effectively charging you for it twice sadly.

Yes there was a fault you are correct the system was not recognising various postcodes. All fixed now hopefully.

Postage costs reflect time and effort over and above actual delivery charges so I don't think excessive especially when I spent 50K on a Cali and more on the kitting out. We have to accept that the delivery of items will increase (see Amazon prime with hidden charges)in the future and I think my time more valuable than running around sourcing items which can be delivered to my door effort free.

We realise the £5.99 delivery is not ideal and we apologise to people wanting to make small orders with us, but due to logistical reasons we are currently only shipping orders out using DPD . The reason we chose DPD is because of their customer service and they also offer the one hour window delivery slots on all shipments. We do not make any profit at all on delivery charges.

We are reviewing the situation all the time and will update again in the new year.

Personally I don't see any need to apologise.

At the end of the day we are all grown-ups making a purchase choice well within our cognitive powers.

Bungee strap + postage = bad deal.

Bungee strap + 6 other items + postage = not so much of a bad deal.

I do it all the time. I'm about to place an order with Rohan. Sod it, £3.50 for £15? No way, but I do need x, y and z .... postage is still the same for £115, makes more sense.

At the end of the day if the composite price paid means I can get it cheaper elsewhere then I get it cheaper elsewhere, otherwise if I need it I pay it. What's the problem?

At the end of the day we are all grown-ups making a purchase choice well within our cognitive powers.

I do it all the time. I'm about to place an order with Rohan. Sod it, £3.50 for £15? No way, but I do need x, y and z .... postage is still the same for £115, makes more sense.

At the end of the day if the composite price paid means I can get it cheaper elsewhere then I get it cheaper elsewhere, otherwise if I need it I pay it. What's the problem?
My sentiments exactly.
I buy small items on Amazon with ridiculous postage but wait until I'm over the magic free postage amount, about 10 minutes in my case by the time I've found something I need.

Mike

Good formula for

good formula for going skint :)

I am sure it's not beyond the wit of man to put a bungee in a small Jiffy bag and drop it at your local postoffice on the way home, after all this is not amazon!

One could also try and look to buy those items elswhere :D if shipping costs are a issue , or come to a meet to buy stuff .
The way is see it ,is that everythingvwcalifornia.com is not to compare with big internetshops who ship thousends packages a day...

I ordered £20 worth of bundies from Australia. The postage was free. The revenue wanted £4 duty and DHL wanted £20 admin charges to collect it.