Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Powered sliding door bouncing back when almost closed

M

MountainRunner

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, has anyone else had this issue? The powered sliding door on my 2013 SE gets to within about 8 inches of being shut and then bounces back, as though there's an obstruction (which there isn't). This used to happen very occasionally, however it's happening all the time now. The only way I can get it to shut is to 'help' it along the last few inches with my hand.
Are there some sensors I need to clean?

Hi make sure the rails are nice and clean and underneath the door mine bounces back even if it's only dusty . I put some silicone spray on them.

My Caravelle used to do it if it was parked on a slight incline e.g. two wheels on the kerb.

When I first got mine I had the same problem. Dealer fixed it under warranty and said there was a software adjustment to set sensitivity of the safety “bounce”.
Since then it’s been ok but I keep the runners and track clean and lubricated with silicone or ptfe spray.

Put the door into manual mode and check the alignment of the door with the body through out its complete movement if that’s ok then it could be one of two things. The transmitter module in the door has failed, or there is a chance water has got into the control unit in the D pillar all of these would cause this fault

I had the same problem, lots of cleaning and silicone spray didn't work for me.
Then I did as VW Guru suggests. When closing the door slowly in manual mode I noticed one of the screws that hold the bottom bracket on pokes through the bracket and was making slight contact with the channel as the door is pulled in towards the body. I stuck a washer on it to lift the screw by about 2mm and have not had the problem again :) You may have to remove the small plastic cover of the bracket to see if this is the problem.

Back