Pre travel form required completion

B J G

B J G

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Off to France on the 5th September.
Today received an email from Brittany Ferries saying that a form must be completed or boarding not permitted.

Link to form provided,

Booking number and lead passenger Surname req'd.

Passport info on all passengers required completing.
Passport numbers and expiry dates. Other info was already on form which was taken from the booking

After completion message that BF would forward information to British Government 24 hours prior to sailing.

I had read about this coming in next year but seems now implemented.

Today received an email from Brittany Ferries saying that a form must be completed or boarding not permitted.

Link to form provided,

Passport numbers and expiry dates. Other info was already on form which was taken from the booking

After completion message that BF would forward information to British Government 24 hours prior to sailing.

API, Advanced Passenger Information. A requirement on all international travel routes from the UK . Have had to do it for air travel to USA and Australia. Not sure if its a UK or Country of Travel requirement.

Link to form provided,

We completed same for DFDS for Newhaven / Dieppe crossing a few weeks ago.

We completed same for DFDS for Newhaven / Dieppe crossing a few weeks ago.
Didn't have to for July trip.
Thought maybe a 1st Sept. thing, obviously August.

What with NPR and this totally watched/monitored..

Been doing API for Eurotunnel in June and August this year. I am fairly sure it's been the same for flights to Gran Canaria for over a year.

Yes we normally provide API whenever we travel (certainly by air) but it’s Interesting because we’re off to France shortly with Brittany Ferries and have not received any email asking for API.

Just spoken to them and it turns out that because we booked through Direct Ferries we don’t need to as BF will capture the passport information when we check in.

Similar to the situation with Thai Airlines on a forthcoming trip. They have not asked for API and nowhere on their website to input the information. I’m checking this again with the agent.

Yes we normally provide API whenever we travel (certainly by air) but it’s Interesting because we’re off to France shortly with Brittany Ferries and have not received any email asking for API.

Just spoken to them and it turns out that because we booked through Direct Ferries we don’t need to as BF will capture the passport information when we check in.

Similar to the situation with Thai Airlines on a forthcoming trip. They have not asked for API and nowhere on their website to input the information. I’m checking this again with the agent.
Depending on what type of travel you have planned in Thailand ( nudge nudge, wink wink )
I can highly recommend doing a half day cookery course in Bkk.:thumb

Depending on what type of travel you have planned in Thailand ( nudge nudge, wink wink )
I can highly recommend doing a half day cookery course in Bkk.:thumb
No nudging or winking @westfalia :)

I like a cookery course but we’re only transiting through Bangkok. (Did a great 1 day cookery course when staying at Lake Como many years ago).

Koh Samui this time for a 2 week all inclusive chill out when it will be cold in the UK :)

Our recent trip to France was with Brittany Ferries (booked direct) and they asked for API. We travelled Poole Cherbourg and absolutely no border delay issues either way. We got lucky on the return and were second last to board and first to roll off, so home 20 mins after docking!

No nudging or winking @westfalia :)

I like a cookery course but we’re only transiting through Bangkok. (Did a great 1 day cookery course when staying at Lake Como many years ago).

Koh Samui this time for a 2 week all inclusive chill out when it will be cold in the UK :)
Love Samui. Excellent diving if you are into that sort of thing.

API has always been required for us on the channel tunnel, at least for the past 10yrs.

Outgoing only though, incoming to the UK isn't needed.( August 2022 )

I'd rather be on Chewang beach having a happy end massage :D

As an aside, disembarkation took exactly 1 hour from engine start on board to passport stamp at Caen Thursday morning. Ferry 50% capacity. We were last but 2nd vehicles off.

No API completed. Did receive txt/email informing us full hazmat suits (masks) we’re required onboard. Literally zero people complied.

Back